Babylon is a very advanced online and offline translation programs with over 30 language pairs and a vast dictionary. Though the program is actually created to assist people with translation, it is often categorized as malware (or adware).
Thousands of users complain about its intrusive behavior. The Babylon program and Babylon toolbar may install itself together with another software that may be totally unrelated to translation and it will not be easy to get rid of them. Learn how to uninstall Babylon toolbar proper way, to remove it completely from all browsers.
If you want to divest your computer of it, you will need to follow these steps. Please follow them carefully, as if you miss something, the Babylon will not be completely removed. The program does not contain any uninstall program so the only way is to delete it manually.
- Make sure the Babylon program is not active on your PC at the moment. If it is – close it. Now go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and scroll down until you see Babylon in the listing. Click on it and click uninstall. After the installation process is finished, go to Program Files folder and find Babylon there. Delete it and empty the Bin. Now the program is deleted from your computer, let us get to grips with another problem – deleting Babylon toolbar from your browser.
- Launch your Internet Browser.
If you have Internet Explorer:
- Click Manage Add-ons, find Babylon toolbar and click “Disable“.
- Now go back to Tools > Internet Options and change the default home page if it is Babylon now.
- Open Registry Editor (regedit). Find the key:
- Find the entry that points to Babylon search, and change it to the one you would like to have.
If you have Firefox:
- Go to Tools, click Add-ons, find Babylon toolbar and select Extensions.
- Uninstall the following extensions: Babylon, Babylon OCR, Babylon Spelling and Proofreading.
- Click on the small icon at the right top corner and select Manage Search Engines.
- Choose Search the web (Babylon) and then click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes.
- Go to Tools > Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
If you have Google Chrome:
- First click on Customize and control Google Chrome. Then go to Tools > Extensions.
- Now click on Babylon Chrome OCR and click Uninstall.
- Go to Customize and control Google Chrome and select Options.
- Now go to Basic Options. Change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other and after click on the Manage search engines.
- Find Google from the list and click on it to make it default search engine.
- Now select Search the web (Babylon) from the list and remove it by clicking “X“.
Another way to get rid of the unwanted Toolbar is to use Free Uninstall It. By downloading and installing it, you will make sure that you will never see the Babylon Toolbar again unless you’d want to. It’s automatic, so it does not require much time. Use it now, and forget your problems.