Bandoo is a free add-on from www.bandoo.com that enriches chat conversations and email messages with funny images and winks. It supports MSN messenger, Gmail, Facebook and other popular messaging applications or web services. This program has no visible window and basically able to monitor user activities. The security rating it has is 26%, but the program itself is not a virus or spyware. Though, some malware might hide under this name. Components bundled with the Bandoo installer might be irritating and you need to uninstall them or uninstall Bandoo completely from your PC.
You can uninstall Bandoo in the Control Panel, just like any other legal Windows program.
- Close any opened Bandoo application
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Open “Control Panel“
- Click on “Add or Remove Programs” or “Uninstall Program” (depend on Window version).
- Find and select “Bandoo” in the list of installed programs.
- Click “Uninstall” and follow instructions.
After Bandoo is uninstalled, any plugins linked to Facebook is also uninstalled, so you don’t need to care about its manual instalation.
How to uninstall Bandoo attachments software
Quite often, Bandoo comes bundled with other soft like Searchqu toolbar that will not be automatically uninstalled when you remove Bandoo program from your PC. This is a very common problem for people uninstalling Bandoo and left with annoying add on Searchqu toolbar in their web browsers.
To uninstall Bandoo Searchqu in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Find Manage Add-ons in the Tools menu
- Select Toolbars and Extensions and uninstall Bandoo Media and Searhqu from the MediaBar and UrlHelper Class
- Select Search Providers. Choose Bing search and make it your default search provider. Then select Web Search and click Remove button to uninstall it
To uninstall Bandoo Searchqu in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Find Add-ons in Tools menu
- Select Extensions
- Choose DataMngr and Bandoo for Firefox and click Uninstall button
- Click magnifier icon in a right-top corner and select Manage Search Engines from the list
- Select Web Search and click Remove button
- Click OK to save the changes
Possible problems with malicious “Bandoo” software
Bandoo.exe and related files are located in a Bandoo subfolder in “C:\Program Files” and should be easily uninstalled with Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. If you found Bandoo.exe somewhere else, it is likely a malware that hides under the name, especially if located in C:\windows or C:\windows\system32 folder. If you are suspicious about possible malware activity hiding under the name Bandoo, you can use the following listing to identify legal Bandoo files and registry entries on your PC. If there are other files and entries named Bandoo, it is a malware program, especially if these files reside in your Windows or System32 folders. As a time-saving alternative, you can first uninstall Bandoo program from your PC completely, and then use Windows Search utility to find all the “Bandoo” related names and aliases with the use of related wild-cards, but it is faster and better to use some professional removal tool for scanning.
List of Bandoo files:
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\Plugins
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\Resources
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\Bandoo.exe
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\BandooGo.exe
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\BandooRes.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\BandooUI.exe
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\BndCore.exe
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\BndHook.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\ChromePackage.crx
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\CrashRpt.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\ExtensionsManager.exe
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\ffext.exe
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\FlashAnimator.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\ftalk.ico
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\GIFAnimator.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\InstallerNsisHelper.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\libungif4.dll
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\license.rtf
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\Plugins.ini
• C:\Program Files\Bandoo\uninstaller.exe
• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Bandoo\Bandoo Extensions
• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Bandoo\Bandoo Tutorial
• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Bandoo\License Agreement
List of Bandoo registry entries:
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions “firstname.lastname@example.org”
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Bandoo Coordinator
You can use Free Uninstall program to uninstall Bandoo and like programs and if you found the malicious version on your PC, you will probably need to use some utility for an automatic malware removal.