Infected with Anatova Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Anatova Ransomware
Today in this topic we will talk in detail about the Anatova Ransomware cryptovirus, whose activity occurred in the second half of January of this year. This cryptovirus encrypts user files that are in the system. It can be audio files, video, multimedia, archives, office documents, much more. It is also worth noting that after encryption, these files become unusable for further use. It is worth noting that first of all it is aimed at English-speaking users, However, judging by the analysis, it has spread throughout the world. It is also impossible not to say that I am using the Salsa20 algorithm. Unlike most crypto viruses, this does not change the file extension, however, this is not easier. So Anatova creates a special note ANATOVA.txt that contains detailed information about the purchase. Here’s what it looks like:
All your files are crypted. Only us can decrypt your files, you need pay 10 DASH in the address:
After the payment send us the address used to make the payment to one of these mail addresses:
Later wait for our reply with your decryptor. If you want can send us ONE JPG FILE ONLY max 200kb to decrypt per free before of payment.
Dont try fuck us, in this case you NEVER will recover your files. Nothing personal, only business.
Send this file untouched with your payment or/and free file!
--- KEY ---
The note scammers indicate that the user must pay a ransom in the amount of 10 DASH, otherwise all user files will be deleted. It is also worth noting that this virus deletes system restore points, making it impossible to self-decrypting. Of course, this is a trick. You do not need to pay them money. You can read our recommendations below to try to remove Anatova yourself.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Anatova Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, Anatova comes via unprotected user networks, as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a utility, program or application on your system. If you want to prevent such threats from entering, you need to use paid versions of antiviruses that can really protect your system. If you have already found that your files are encrypted with this cryptovirus, then use our recommendations to get rid of Anatova right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Anatova Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Anatova Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of Anatova Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Anatova Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Anatova Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Anatova Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi