Infected with .bat Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is .bat Ransomware
Today we will talk about the .bat Ransomware cryptovirus, which has become most common in recent weeks, namely, in early May of this year. This, like many similar threats, comes on a computer that encrypts user data in various formats. These can be documents to the office, audio, video and more. After encrypting the file can not be opened or how to either use. It also adds an extension .bat to these files. It is worth noting that the virus can remove shadow copies of files and system restore points so that the user can not recover files on his own. The virus creates a special text document FILES ENCRYPTED.txt and also displays pop-ups window that contains detailed information about the purchase. Its images and content we give below:
All your files have been encrypted!
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Write this ID in the title of your message
In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to these emails: email@example.com
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Fraudsters need to pay a kind of penalty (ransom) in Bitcoins to get a special utility that can decrypt user files. Cryptocurrency allows attackers to avoid prosecution because cryptocurrency transactions are very difficult to track. We do not recommend you to pay, as there are no guarantees that your files will be returned.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How .bat Ransomware infected your PC
As a rule, crypto viruses, in particular, .bat, come to your PC through insecure and unprotected network settings, as an attachment to spam or as a false update of a program/utility installed on your system. You need to carefully select antiviruses and other programs that can protect your computer. Below we have indicated possible ways to remove .bat and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will .bat Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the .bat Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of .bat Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of .bat Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by .bat Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of .bat Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi