Infected with Epoblockl Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Epoblockl Ransomware
Epoblockl (also known as Rectyk Ransomware) is a crypto-virus encrypter that can cause irreparable harm to your files. Let’s take a closer look at this threat. The virus comes to your PC and encrypts most user files, whether it’s office documents, archives, multimedia, audio and video files and much more. Moreover, the virus changes the extension of these files to .Epoblockl and .Crypted, later, these files become unsuitable for further use. Like similar creations of fraudsters, it creates an EPOBLOCKL-NOTE.txt file-note that contains information about encryption and decryption methods. Below we provide an image of this note and its contents:
Your files have been encrypted with AES-128
Please pay immedantely
Paradoxically, Epoblockl does not require a ransom, or rather, it requires a ransom of 0 bitcoins. We can draw several conclusions on why this is so. One of the options is that developers are trying to test a new version of the cryptovirus. Be that as it may, one thing is clear, you need to remove Epoblockl immediately and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Epoblockl infected your PC
The scheme of penetration of a computer is very similar to similar viruses. Epoblockl comes as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a program or utility that is installed on your computer. You need to use the latest versions of antivirus software and prevent such infiltrations in time. If you have already been attacked by this threat, then use our instructions to remove it right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Epoblockl virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft – fully removes all instances of Epoblockl – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Epoblockl:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Epoblockl?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Epoblockl remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi