Infected with Grovat Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Grovat Ransomware
As you know, in our time, everything is rapidly changing and evolving, so the crypto viruses constantly undergo changes or new ones appear. Today we will talk about cryptovirus Grovat, which has already spread throughout the world, although initially it is aimed at English-speaking users. Like similar viruses, it encrypts user files in various formats, such as office documents, photos, videos, and more. The virus also assigns a different .grovat extension to these files. As expected, files that are encrypted become unusable. Below we have specified a note file _readme.txt, which was created by hackers and contains information about the ransom:
Don't worry my friend, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Attackers demand a ransom of $ 980 dollars. A huge amount, is not it? also scammers scare the user by saying that if he does not pay, then all files will be lost forever. However, we do not recommend you pay. Better to read our instructions and recommendations to try to remove Grovat from your computer and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Grovat Ransomware infected your PC
Most often, such crypto viruses, in particular, Grovat, penetrate into the PC as an attachment in a spam e-mail or as a false update for a program or utility. Be that as it may, this is because users do not use antivirus or other software that is able to secure the system against such threats. Below we have detailed instructions to remove Grovat and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Grovat Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Grovat Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Grovat Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Grovat Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Grovat Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Grovat Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi