Infected with Horsia Ransomware threats? Need to decrypt .oblivion, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .decryptsairmail.cc files?
What is Horsia Ransomware
Horsia is another version of a “Scarab Family” group, which consist of similar ransomware viruses. For victims, an infiltration by these viruses may lead to loss of all data files on PC, because like another ransomware threats, both Horsia or Oblivion code all files with .doc, .xls, .pdf, .mp3, .wav, .mdb and many others files with another extension. After penetration, all coded files become unreadable and unavailable for editing. Besides, scammers, create files with ransom demands where they promise to decrypt files, after payloads in BTC. We argue to not pay them because all cybercriminals can lie easily. It’s better to remove Horsia and decrypt .oblivion, .email@example.com or .decryptsairmail.cc files. At present time we also know about other types of suffixes, which created by Horsia Ransomware:
.amnesia, .@decrypt_files2017, .xtbl, .scorpio, .scarab, .please, .[Jackie7@asia.com], .decryptsairmail.cc, .crypto, .firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Sometimes files have a random name after encryption. Besides encoding process, the virus creates different ransom notes with the following contains(examples):
Your files are encrypted!
Your personal identifier:
To decrypt files, please contact us by email:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED!
Your personal ID
[324 hex chars]
Your documents, photos, databases, save games and other important data was encrypted.
Data recovery the necessary decryption tool. To get the decryption tool, should send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or telegram us:
Letter must include Your personal ID (see the beginning of this document).
In the proof we have decryption tool, you can send us 1 file for test decryption.
Next, you need to pay for the decryption tool.
In response letter You will receive the address of Bitcoin wallet which you need to perform the transfer of funds.
If you have no bitcoins
* Create Bitcoin purse: https://blockchain.info
* Buy Bitcoin in the convenient way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin (the instruction for beginners)
- It doesn't make sense to complain of us and to arrange a hysterics.
- Complaints having blocked e-mail, you deprive a possibility of the others, to decipher the computers.
Other people at whom computers are also ciphered you deprive of the ONLY hope to decipher. FOREVER.
- Just contact with us, we will stipulate conditions of interpretation of files and available payment,
in a friendly situation
- When money transfer is confirmed, You will receive the decrypter file for Your computer.
* Do not attempt to remove a program or run the anti-virus tools
* Attempts to decrypt the files will lead to loss of Your data
* Decoders other users is incompatible with Your data, as each user unique encryption key
/ __/ / / __ / / __ / / __/ / __/ / __ /
/ __ / / /_/ / / _/ /__ / _/ /_ / __ /
\/ __/ \___/ \/\__\ \___/ \___/ \/ __/
Your files are now encrypted!
Your personal identifier:
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Contact us using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't get a reply or if the email dies, then contact us to email@example.com
Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click 'Buy bitcoins', and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
If your system was infected by ransomware with similar symptoms and you need to remove Horsia Ransomware or other Scarab or Oblivion ransomware and decrypt .oblivion, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .decryptsairmail.cc files, please read or article below.
How Horsia Ransomware infected your PC
Horsia Locker can spread by hacking through an unprotected network configuration, using email spam and malicious attachments, fraudulent downloads, web injections, fake updates, repackaged and infected installers. Encryption inserts .oblivion, .email@example.com or .decryptsairmail.cc suffixes to every coded file. Way to protect your computer from such threats is to use antiviruses with crypto-protection like HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Scarab system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab Horsia Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 4 – fully removes all instances of Scarab Horsia Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Horsia Ransomware:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files and folders:
How to decrypt files infected by Horsia Ransomware (.oblivion, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .decryptsairmail.cc files)?
Decrypt .Scarab(.oblivion, .email@example.com or .decryptsairmail.cc) files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of ransomware can remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore .oblivion, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .decryptsairmail.cc files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .oblivion, .email@example.com or .decryptsairmail.cc files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Protect your files from ransomware
Most modern software can protect your data from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach to protect your files from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is SOS Online Backup. The product will automatically find important files, then simply make a daily backup on the remote server. SOS runs quietly and automatically in the background and supports any size and any file type. All SOS apps (desktop AND mobile) encrypt files using UltraSafe 256-bit AES before transferring them to the cloud. You will not lose your important data. Download One Year Plan.
Information provided by Tim Kas