Infected with INFOWAIT Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is INFOWAIT Ransomware
Today we will talk in detail about INFOWAIT cryptographer extortionists. This cryptovirus encrypts user files of various formats, including video, audio, archives, and more. What a similar threat, it encrypts files with an algorithm and changes their extension to .INFOWAIT or .DATAWAIT. This cryptovirus appeared in 2017, however, recently it has only been gaining momentum. This virus was developed on Visual Studio. It is focused mainly on English-speaking users, However, recently, it has already spread throughout the world. Like many other cryptovirus, it creates a special !readme.txt file that contains detailed information about methods of redemption. The attackers are constantly updating this virus, we know a huge number of versions of viruses. Here is the most recent update:
Your databases, files, photos, documents and other important files are encrypted and have the extension: .INFOWAIT
The only method of recovering files is to purchase an decrypt software and unique private key.
After purchase you will start decrypt software, enter your unique private key and it will decrypt all your data.
Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.
You need to contact us by e-mail BM-2cXonzj9ovn5qdX2MrwMK4j3qCquXBKo4h@bitmessage.ch send us your personal ID and wait for further instructions.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files - you can send us a 1-3 any not very big encrypted files and we will send you back it in a original form FREE.
Price for decryption $290 if you contact us first 72 hours.
E-mail address to contact us:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal id:
Fraudsters demand a ransom of $ 290 for decryption. They try to lure users, even indicating a 50% discount if the user contacts them within 72 hours. Of course this is a trick. You do not need to pay anyone. Below you can find the options for decrypting files and removing INFOWAIT Ransomware.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How INFOWAIT infected your PC
Like many other crypto viruses, INFOWAIT Ransomware comes through unsafe network settings. This is due to the fact that users very rarely use antivirus software. Moreover, it can come in the form of a position in the spam mailing list or as an update for any program or OS, such as Microsoft Windows or something else. Be that as it may, you need to use a proven antivirus. Below you can see the possible options for removing INFOWAIT Ransomware and decrypting your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will INFOWAIT system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the INFOWAIT virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of INFOWAIT – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of INFOWAIT:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by INFOWAIT?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of INFOWAIT remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi