Infected with Nemesis Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Nemesis Ransomware
Nemesis Ransomware is a successor of CryptON Ransomware and is very likely developed and distributed by the same team of hackers. Files are encrypted using mix of RSA, AES-256 and SHA-256 or SHA-512 encryption algorithm. Other version of Nemesis Ransomware are known under the names Cry9, Cry128, Cry36, X3M. Unlike previous versions Nemesis Ransomware appends following extensions:
.nemesis, .aax55 .v8dp, .63vc4, .id-1969330990_[qg6m5wo7h3id55ym.onion.to].63vc4, .id_[victim’s ID]_[email@example.com].t5019, .id_[victim’s ID]_[firstname.lastname@example.org].t5019, .id_[victim’s ID]_[Blacklagoon@aolonline.top].nemesis
Newer version add randomly generated extensions. After encryption ransomware creates file ### DECRYPT MY FILES ###.html with instructions to pay the ransom. Ransom amount varies from $500 to $1000. Here are the contents of this file:
ALL YOUR WORK AND PERSONAL FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED
To decrypt your files you need to buy the special software – «Nemesis decryptor»
To recover data, follow the instructions!
You can find out the details/ask questions in the chat:
hxxps://qg6m5wo7h3id55ym.onion.to (not need Tor)
If the resource is not available for a long time, install and use the Tor-browser:
1. Run your Internet-browser
2. Enter or copy the address hxxps://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html in the address bar of your browser and press key ENTER
3. On the site will be offered to download the Tor-browser, download and install it. Run.
4. Connect with the button “Connect” (if you use the English version)
5. After connection, the usual Tor-browser window will open
6. Enter or copy the address hxxp://qg6m5wo7h3id55ym.onion in the address bar of Tor-browser and press key ENTER
7. Wait for the site to load
// If you have any problems installing or using, please visit the video tutorial hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgh3ABju6Q
Please, never, pay the ransom, because in most cases malefactors never send decryption keys. Besides, antivirus companies are constantly working on decryption tools, and now most versions of Nemesis/CryptON/X3M Ransomware can be decrypted. In this guide we will show you how to remove Nemesis Ransomware and decrypt .nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
How Nemesis Ransomware infected your PC
Nemesis Ransomware usually infects your PC through infected email attachments (be careful, as cyber criminals usually mask their spam malicious emails with attachments into Ebay email or any other popular trusted website), fake software updaters and trojans – that’s why good anti-viruses is vitally important to avoid ransomware threat. You can also get this ransomware on file sharing networks, including torrent files. Ransom is asked to be paid in BitCoins, that also makes the task difficult for the police, as user in this network are often anonymous. Encryption starts in the background. Way to protect your computer from such threats is to use antiviruses with crypto-protection like HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Nemesis Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Nemesis Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Nemesis Ransomware:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
### DECRYPT MY FILES ###.html
### HOW TO DECRYPT FILES ###.html
DECRYPT MY FILE.txt
How to decrypt files infected by Nemesis Ransomware (.nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files)?
Use automated decryption tools
1. Tool to decrypt Nemesis/CryptON/X3M files
There is ransomware decryptor from Emsisoft that can decrypt .nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files. It is free and may help you restore .nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files encrypted by Nemesis Ransomware virus. To use this tool you will need encrypted file and its original (not encrypted copy). This will help to decrypt the rest of the files. Drag this 2 files to decrypter executable:
Download it here:
2. Tool to decrypt Cry9/Nemesis files
There is ransomware decryptor from Emsisoft that can decrypt .-juccy[a]protonmail.ch, .id-, .id-_[email@example.com].xj5v2, .id-_r9oj, .id-_x3m, .id-_[firstname.lastname@example.org]_[email@example.com].x3m, .-sofia_lobster[a]protonmail.ch and ._[wqfhdgpdelcgww4g.onion.to].r2vy6 files. It is free and may help you restore files encrypted by Cry9/Nemesis Ransomware virus. To use this tool you will need encrypted file and its original (not encrypted copy). This will help to decrypt the rest of the files. Drag this 2 files to decrypter executable:
Download it here:
3. Tool to decrypt Cry128/Nemesis files
There is ransomware decryptor from Emsisoft that can decrypt .fgb45ft3pqamyji7.onion.to._”, .id_
Download it here:
If you have file extension, that did not match records above, try to use all decrypters one by one.
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt .nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files.
Decrypt .nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of Nemesis Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – Nemesis Ransomware by Nemesis Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .nemesis, .63vc4, .t5019 files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Protect your files from ransomware
Most modern software can protect your data from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach to protect your files from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is SOS Online Backup. The product will automatically find important files, then simply make a daily backup on the remote server. SOS runs quietly and automatically in the background and supports any size and any file type. All SOS apps (desktop AND mobile) encrypt files using UltraSafe 256-bit AES before transferring them to the cloud. You will not lose your important data. Download One Year Plan.
Information provided by: Alexey Abalmasov