Infected with Pumax Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Pumax Ransomware
Pumax Ransomware is one of the variants of .STOP ransomware (also known as Datawait, Infowait). Like previous versions, it locks user data without permision. This may be both documents or mediafiles files, and databases. After procedure of encryption, Pumax Ransomware the file extension to .Pumax, .pumas, or .puma. Moreover, the trojan put a text file whith information about a possible redemption (using a pattern “file name”!readme.txt). The virus creates individual notes for each victim with unique id. Here’s what it looks like:
Your databases, files, photos, documents and other important files are encrypted and have the extension: .pumax
The only method of recovering files is to purchase an decrypt software and unique private key.
After purchase you will start decrypt software, enter your unique private key and it will decrypt all your data.
Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.
You need to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org send us your personal ID and wait for further instructions.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files - you can send us a 1-3 any not very big encrypted files and we will send you back it in a original
Discount 50% avaliable if you contact us first 72 hours.
E-mail address to contact us:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal id:
A ransom can reach several, hundred dollars. Of course there is no need to pay scammers. Well, like a note, the virus is aimed at English-speaking users, However, according to the latest data, the virus has already spread around the world. We strongly recommend that you try to remove Pumax Ransomware by yourself using our recommendations.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Pumax Ransomware infected your PC
Like many other cryptovirus and, Pumax Ransomware comes through vulnerabilities in the network settings, Taking the form of an attachment in a spam mailing or a false update or addition to the software that is already installed on your computer. Anyway, one of the most important rules is to use the latest virus software that is able to prevent the penetration of viruses of this kind.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Pumax Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Pumax Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft – fully removes all instances of Pumax Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Decrypt your files using decryption tool
Download Stop Decryptor (it can potentially decrypt puma, pumax, and pumas files). Decryptor was created by Michael Gillespie. It requires encrypted (and original file) with the size at least of 150Kb.
Restore your files using shadow copies
If the Decryption tool didn’t help, you can try to restore some of you files by recovery software.
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Pumax Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Pumax Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Pumax Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Tim Kas