Infected with Rektware Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Rektware ransomware
Rektware Ransomware (also known under the name PRZT Ransomware) is another encryption of user data, however, unlike analogues, it does not require a ransom. It encrypts user files of various formats, such as archives, PDF files, multimedia (audio, video, photos) and much more. The virus changes the extension of these files, assigning random names to them, for example, .2PWo3ja or .CQScSFy. The FIXPRZT.PRZ file is a note with information about encryption:
Your personal files have been encrypted. Read the software instructions.
The content of the note suggests that the virus is aimed at English-speaking users, but this is not so, because the virus has spread almost all over the world. It is worth noting that the lack of demand for redemption pushes the idea that the cryptovirus is not completed or unfinished. In any case, do not try to communicate with the attackers. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with our guides to remove Rektware and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Rektware ransomware infected your PC
Unprotected network connection settings are the main reason for the penetration of such viruses, in particular, Rektware. Sometimes, it comes as a false update for a flash player and other software. The main rule is to use anti-virus software to ensure reliable protection of your computer.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Rektware ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Rektware ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Rektware ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Rektware ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Rektware ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi