Infected with Scarab-XTBL Ransomware? Need to decrypt .xtbl or .oblivion files?
What is Scarab-XTBL Ransomware
Scarab-XTBL Ransomware is another file locker, which can cause many troubles to millions of PC users. It also known as Oblivion Ransomware. First of all, it encrypts all Office, Media, Database files on users machines, adding a .xtbl or .oblivion extensions to every coded file. Then Scarab removes all shadow copies of encrypted files, making difficult to restore it. After that, it turns off windows restore and recovery tools. Next step of infiltration is a creating a ransom message IF YOU WANT TO GET ALL YOUR FILES BACK, PLEASE READ THIS.TXT with the following text:
*** IF YOU WANT TO GET ALL YOUR FILES BACK, PLEASE READ THIS ***
email - email@example.com
Your files are now encrypted!
-----BEGIN PERSONAL IDENTIFIER-----
-----END PERSONAL IDENTIFIER-----
A11 your fi1es have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
YOU have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to US. After payment, we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
contact us using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free decryption as guaranteed
Before paying you can send us up to 2 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 1Mb(non archived), and files should not contain valuable information(databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is Local Bitcoins site. You have to register, click 'Buy bitcoins ', and select the seller by payment method and price:
Also, you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here: http://www.coindesk.com/information/how-can-i-buy-bitcoins
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our)or you can become a victim of a scam.
email - email@example.com
Another version of ransom notes called “OBLIVION DECRYPTION INFORMATION.TXT” and have following contants:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED!
Your personal ID
[324 hex chars]
Your documents, photos, databases, save games and other important data was encrypted.
Data recovery the necessary decryption tool. To get the decryption tool, should send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Or telegram us:
Letter must include Your personal ID (see the beginning of this document).
In the proof we have decryption tool, you can send us 1 file for test decryption.
Next, you need to pay for the decryption tool.
In response letter You will receive the address of Bitcoin wallet which you need to perform the transfer of funds.
If you have no bitcoins
* Create Bitcoin purse: https://blockchain.info
* Buy Bitcoin in the convenient way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin (the instruction for beginners)
- It doesn't make sense to complain of us and to arrange a hysterics.
- Complaints having blocked e-mail, you deprive a possibility of the others, to decipher the computers.
Other people at whom computers are also ciphered you deprive of the ONLY hope to decipher. FOREVER.
- Just contact with us, we will stipulate conditions of interpretation of files and available payment,
in a friendly situation
- When money transfer is confirmed, You will receive the decrypter file for Your computer.
* Do not attempt to remove a program or run the anti-virus tools
* Attempts to decrypt the files will lead to loss of Your data
* Decoders other users is incompatible with Your data, as each user unique encryption key
Cybercriminals demand a ransom in Bitcoins, but we strongly recommend to not pay them, because you can lose both files and money. Besides, every payment can increase a risk of new Ransomware attacks in future. If you discover suspicious extensions, like a
.xtbl, your PC may be infected by a virus. If you need instruction helping to remove Scarab-XTBL Ransomware and decrypt .xtbl or .oblivion files please read our article below.
How Scarab-XTBL(Oblivion) Ransomware infected your PC
Scarab-XTBL Locker can spread by hacking through an unprotected network configuration, by RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol), using email spam and malicious attachments, web injections, fake updates, infected installers. Way to protect your computer from such threats is to use antiviruses with crypto-protection like HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab-XTBL Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Scarab-XTBL Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Scarab-XTBL Ransomware:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files and folders:
How to decrypt files infected by Scarab-XTBL Ransomware (.xtbl or oblivion files)?
Decrypt .xtbl or .oblivion files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of ransomware can remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore .xtbl or .oblivion files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .xtbl or .oblivion files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Protect your files from ransomware
Most modern software can protect your data from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach to protect your files from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is SOS Online Backup. The product will automatically find important files, then simply make a daily backup on the remote server. SOS runs quietly and automatically in the background and supports any size and any file type. All SOS apps (desktop AND mobile) encrypt files using UltraSafe 256-bit AES before transferring them to the cloud. You will not lose your important data. Download One Year Plan.
Information provided by Tim Kas