FLV Runner Toolbar is a program that usually exists as the addition to some freeware. So, if a user downloaded a freeware from some suspicious web pages, then he can be ready for the additional surprises that he downloaded with it. Usually freeware contains also some toolbars or infections. There are also some viral toolbars that can contain a freeware. So, if FLV Runner Toolbar will be installed with a freeware, but you want to have it on your computer, then you should uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar.
FLV Runner Toolbar can change some internet settings, such as home page of your browser. So, this toolbar can redirect all the search requests to some commercial web pages and can also show different pop-up advertisements. Seeing these pop-ups, users think that FLV Runner Toolbar is an adware, but actually there are no other proofs that FLV Runner Toolbar has malicious nature.
If you want to uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar, then you can perform the following instructions.
So, at first you should know what browser you have, so according to it, you should select the instructions on this page.
If manual instructions and video seem difficult download SpyHunter – it is able to remove this adware.
If you use Internet Explorer, so you should follow these instructions:
- Click Tools, then select Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Find the needed toolbar, highlight it and select Disable.
If you have Google Chrome, so in order to uninstall the unwanted toolbar, you should perform the following instructions:
- So, open your browser, go to chrome://extensions/.
- Find the unwanted toolbar in the list and then you should click on Uninstall button.
If your browser is Mozilla Firefox, then you can use the following actions:
- Open your browser.
- Click on Tools, then select Add-ons, scroll down the list and highlight the toolbar in the list.
- Then you should click on Uninstall button and confirm the uninstallation.
There are also some other instructions if you have some problems, performing these ones, or just want to perform anything else:
- You should remove the registry entries of FLV Runner Toolbar:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar.
In order to remove them you should open registry editor. Just press Win+ R buttons and type regedit in the line, then press Enter. You should not forget to create the backup copy of the registry. In order to create it you should right-click on Computer and select Export. Then you should save this file in the any directory that you like to save it. Only after creation of backup copy of the registry you can remove the registry entries of the toolbar.
- After that you should scan your computer for infection for the case if the downloaded freeware was installed with infections. So, you should not neglect this step, otherwise your computer is at stake.