What is Search.hgomaps.co hijacker
This article will focus on Search.hgomaps.co browser hijacker, which comes to the PC as a browser extension and changes the settings, but more on that later. Outwardly, Search.hgomaps.co looks like many analogues that are search engines, for example, Yahoo, Google, Edge and many others. Also, it changes the browser homepage to https://search.hgomaps.co/, and also makes changes in the browser, which leads to the fact that the user is constantly redirected to third-party sites that have a lot of advertising. Also, the developers promise that Search.hgomaps.co makes it easier for the user to work with maps and so on, but in reality, this is a lie. We recommend that you remove Search.hgomaps.co immediately and don’t waste time.
How Search.hgomaps.co hijacker gets on your PC?
In most cases, Search.hgomaps.co comes bundled with free software, through the web clients, installers, which are created by intruders. This comes without the consent of the user; moreover, the user does not suspect that his computer is infected. You need to closely monitor the installation process to prevent malware from entering your PC. Below you will find instructions to get rid of Search.hgomaps.co immediately.
How to remove Search.hgomaps.co hijackerÂ from your computer?
The most easy and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter 5 Antimalware
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Try Emsisoft Mobile Security
- Real-time antimalware protection
- Direct access to support team
- Battery & Performance Saver
- Recovering of Devices in a case of Loss or Theft.
Emsisoft blocks advertisement from different sources. Besides, viruses, trojans, site banners, other ads types such as pop-ups, video insertions, etc. will be removed. According our tests, Emsisoft shows decent level of detection.
Try Bitdefender Antivirus for Business
If you need protection for business, especcially for different devices, you can use an advanced antivirus. Bitdefender gives you the constant anti-malware protection against newest threats across most popular operating systems: MacOS, OSx, Windows, and Android. Bitdefender offers has the following features:
- Complete anti-malware protection: Windows, macOS, Android and iOS
- Multi-layer anti-trojan protection with ransomware remediation
- Cloud-based centralized control for multiple devices
- 24/7 support from real humans whenever you need helpl
- 1-20 Devices, 1-3 year license period
Also, you can try to remove Search.hgomaps.co hijacker manually. For uninstalling Search.hgomaps.co hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Search.hgomaps.co hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Search.hgomaps.co hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Search.hgomaps.co and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Search.hgomaps.co, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Search.hgomaps.co and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Search.hgomaps.co from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Search.hgomaps.co from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Search.hgomaps.co.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Search.hgomaps.co.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Search.hgomaps.co.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove Search.hgomaps.co from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Search.hgomaps.co Pop-ups.
- Turn of Search.hgomaps.co Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.
Written by Rami Duafi