What is SpecialSearchOption adware
In this article we will talk in detail about the SpecialSearchOption adware that comes to your computer infects Google Chrome browser installed on your system. As a rule, it comes without the user’s consent and changes the settings of your browser. According to the developers, this greatly increases browning outflow and search efficiency. In fact, this is not so. This increases traffic and also reduces the performance of your browser. The worst part of this extension is that it collects and analyzes personal data about the user, including browser history and more. Moreover, it constantly displays banner ads, coupons, pop-ups and more. We strongly recommend that you remove SpecialSearchOption immediately.
How SpecialSearchOption adware gets on your PC?
Like most similar programs, SpecialSearchOption comes bundled with free applications, programs, utilities, and many other Internet downloads. This happens because fraudsters develop special downloaders that contain malicious elements and components of the installation package. You need to closely monitor the installation process and study the full list of program components. Moreover, do not forget to use special software that can prevent the penetration of such potentially unwanted programs. If SpecialSearchOption has already penetrated your computer, then use our recommendations to get rid of it right now.
How to remove SpecialSearchOption adware from your computer?
The most easy and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter 5 Antimalware
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Try Panda Dome Antivirus for Windows
If you need protection for several devices, you can use advanced antivirus. Panda Dome gives you the constant anti-malware protection against newest threats across most popular operating systems: MacOS, OSx, Windows, and Android. Panda Dome offers has the following features:
- Complete anti-malware protection: Windows, macOS, Android and iOS
- Multi-layer anti-trojan protection with ransomware remediation
- Network Threat Prevention: stops attacks before they even begin
- Parental Control
- Free VPN (150 MB / day limit)
- 1-3 Devices, 1 year license period
Also, you can try to remove SpecialSearchOption adware manually. For uninstalling SpecialSearchOption adware remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove SpecialSearchOption adware from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find SpecialSearchOption adware.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find SpecialSearchOption and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find SpecialSearchOption, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate SpecialSearchOption and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove SpecialSearchOption from your browser.
Step 2: Remove SpecialSearchOption from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find SpecialSearchOption.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose SpecialSearchOption.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable SpecialSearchOption.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove SpecialSearchOption from Android:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find SpecialSearchOption Pop-ups.
- Turn of SpecialSearchOption Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.
Written by Rami Douafi