What is Wise Search hijacker
In this article, we will talk in detail about Wise Search browser hijacker that comes to the computer as a browser extension. At first glance, Wise Search seems like usual search engines, which really enhances browning experience and search quality. However, after a while, it becomes clear that this is a potentially unwanted program. Typically, this changes the browser settings, including the homepage. It is also worth noting that it periodically redirects the user to third-party sites that are teeming with advertising. Moreover, the most dangerous part of Wise Search is that it collects and analyzes the user’s personal data, including browser history, internet activity. We strongly recommend that you get rid of Wise Search immediately.
How Wise Search hijacker gets on your PC?
Most of the potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers come to the computer, bundled with free programs and utilities from the Internet. As a rule, the user does not pay attention to the composition of the installation package, which he receives when trying to download any archive or audio player. In fact, intruders hide malicious components and elements in the bootloader and installers. Be extremely careful during the installation of programs and utilities. Use special software that is really able to prevent the penetration of such threats. If you already found Wise Search on your computer, then we recommend that you use our recommendations to get rid of it immediately.
How to remove Wise Search hijackerÂ from your computer?
The most easy and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter 5 Antimalware
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Try Bitdefender Mobile Security
Bitdefender blocks advertisement from different sources. Besides, viruses, trojans, site banners, other ads types such as pop-ups, video insertions, etc. will be removed. According AV TEST, Bitdefender shows 100% detection (September 2018 Test)
Try Bitdefender Antivirus for Business
If you need protection for business, especcially for different devices, you can use an advanced antivirus. Bitdefender gives you the constant anti-malware protection against newest threats across most popular operating systems: MacOS, OSx, Windows, and Android. Bitdefender offers has the following features:
- Complete anti-malware protection: Windows, macOS, Android and iOS
- Multi-layer anti-trojan protection with ransomware remediation
- Cloud-based centralized control for multiple devices
- 24/7 support from real humans whenever you need helpl
- 1-20 Devices, 1-3 year license period
Also, you can try to remove Wise Search hijacker manually. For uninstalling Wise Search hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Wise Search hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Wise Search hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Wise Search and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Wise Search, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Wise Search and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Wise Search from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Wise Search from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Wise Search.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Wise Search.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Wise Search.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove Wise Search from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Wise Search Pop-ups.
- Turn of Wise Search Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.
Written by Rami Duafi