Why Chrome is “Managed by your organization”?
You may face a message: “Your browser is managed by your organization” if your browser is hijacked. It usually pops up when you try to remove some unwanted extension. Today we show you the solution to this problem for Mac users.
How to fix Chrome Browser “Managed by your organization” on Mac?
The easiest and modern way of removing unwanted browser extensions, browser hijackers, adware is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Also, you can try to fix Managed by organization on Google Chrome manually.
Fix Managed by your organization in Chrome Browser on Mac:
- Type chrome://policy in the browser’s address bar.
- Here you will see a list of Chrome Policies.
- Then you should launch Terminal, type
(without quotation marks), then press Enter. Do the same with all Chrome Policies. For example:
- Relaunch your browser and go to chrome://policy. Now the list of Chrome Policies should be blank
- Now your “Managed by organization” on Mac should be gone
If you still see this message, then proceed to the next step
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Profiles.
- Click on unsigned and suspicious profiles on the left panel.
- Click the minus button below to delete rogue settings.
After completing these steps, you can proceed directly to removing the unwanted extension
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find unwanted extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find unwanted extension in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to unwanted extension and select Remove.