What is 05250lock ransomware?
05250lock is dangerous crypto-virus that can lock most types of data. Although this is a new ransomware-type virus, it has already infected tens and even hundreds of computers around the world. First, 05250lock infiltrates users’ PCs by means of spam emails, phishing websites, exploits, botnets, fake installers/updaters. If it manages to do that, you can say goodbye to all your personal data (documents of any type, images, videos) as they will all be encrypted. Instead of them, you will see documents empty icon with the .id-XXXXXXXX.[firstname.lastname@example.org].
Files can be encrypted many times and have several extensions. Here is an example of such a case: ipscan24.exe.id-M5LNMLYG.[email@example.com].rzrzy.id-M5LNMLYG.[firstname.lastname@example.org].ajbqy.id-M5LNMLYG.[email@example.com].zrzqa.id-M5LNMLYG.[firstname.lastname@example.org].jjaij.id-M5LNMLYG.[email@example.com
The decryption key may solve the problem and unlock all the data and that is exactly why cyber criminals will offer their deal – money in exchange for the decryption key. The cost of decryption may be terrifically huge. If you got this virus on your computer, we recommend you to use our guide in order to remove 05250lock ransomware and decrypt files.
As we said earlier, affected files will become useless when the encryption procedure is finished. The cybercriminals then leave a note demanding ransom – a TXT file according to the following template: XXXXXXXX-FILES ENCRYPTED.txt, for example, M5LNMLYG-FILES ENCRYPTED.txt. The note stated that you need to contact 05250lock ransomware developers via email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) to get your data back. As usual, cybercriminals offer free decryption of several files to prove that they can really decrypt the victim’s files. Typically, such virus programs encrypt data securely enough so that you have no choice but to purchase decryption tools from cybercriminals. Regular backups will save you these problems. It is worth noting that the files remain encrypted even after the removal of the ransomware, its deletion only prevents further encryption.
The content of the 05250lock ransom note:
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
write email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We strongly recommend not to comply with their requirements because there are no guarantees that you will obtain your files when the transaction happens. On the contrary, there is a high risk of being deceived and simply left with nothing. Of course, they claim the opposite, that it is supposedly not in their interests to trick you. Think for yourself, why should they send you the key, if they have already received a ransom from you? The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove 05250lock ransomware from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus and then restore your data from the backup.
Screenshot of 05250lock encrypted file:
At the last stage of the infection stage, this ransomware may delete all shadow volumes on your computer. After that, you will not be able to carry out the standard procedure for recovering your encrypted data using these shadow volumes. There are two solutions to remove 05250lock Ransomware and decrypt your files. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complex way that requires special computer skills.
How 05250lock ransomware gets on my computer?
– Spam attachments and hyperlinks
– Software vulnerabilities and exploits
– Malicious sites
– Backdoors (defects of the algorithm that are intentionally built into it by the developer and allow you to gain unauthorized access to data or remote control of the operating system and the computer as a whole)
How to remove 05250lock ransomware?
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will prevent system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the 05250lock ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of 05250lock Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by 05250lock Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of 05250lock Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- 05250lockt-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.