What is Afrodita Ransomware?
Afrodita is a virus, that encrypts files without changing file extensions, using RSA-2048 and AES-256 encryption algorithms. It is part of the LockerGoga ransomware family. The text file __README_RECOVERY_.txt contains instructions on how to comply with the requirements of Internet scammers in order to recover their data. These scammers promise to help you with this and even offer free decryption of one file as a PR campaign. To do this, cyber-criminals are trying to get you to contact them by e-mail or Telegram messenger. We strongly recommend not to comply with their requirements, because to decrypt the rest of the remaining files you will have to pay a significant amount without any guarantees.
Obviously, you can’t trust scammers in principle, and you can simply be left with nothing. Of course, they claim the opposite, that it is supposedly not in their interests to deceive you. Think for yourself, why should they send you the key, if they have already received a ransom from you? The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove the ransomware from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus and then restore your data from the backup.
The redemption requirement in this particular case is as follows:
~~~ Greetings ~~~
[+] What has happened? [+]
Your files are encrypted, and currently unavailable. You are free to check.
Every file is recoverable by following our instructions below.
Encryption algorithms used: AES256(CBC) + RSA2048 (military/government grade).
[+] Guarantees? [+]
This is our daily job. We are not here to lie to you – as you are 1 of 10000’s.
Our only interest is in us getting paid and you getting your files back.
If we were not able to decrypt the data, other people in the same situation as you
wouldn’t trust us and that would be bad for our business —
So it’s not in our interest.
To prove our ability to decrypt your data you have 1 file free decryption.
If you don’t want to pay the fee for bringing files back that’s okay,
but remember that you will lose a lot of time – and time is money.
Don’t waste your time and money trying to recover files using some file
recovery “experts”, we have your private key – only we can get the files back.
With our service, you can go back to the original state in less than 30 minutes.
[+] Service [+]
If you decided to use our service please follow the instructions below.
Install Telegram(available for Windows, Android, iOS) and contact us on chat:
Telegram contact: https://t.me/RecoverySupport
Also available at email email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you are talking with us and not impostor by requiring free 1 file decryption to make sure we CAN decrypt!!
At the last stage of the infection stage, this ransomware may delete all shadow volumes on your computer. After that, you will not be able to carry out the standard procedure for recovering your encrypted data using these shadow volumes. There are two solutions to remove Afrodita Ransomware and decrypt your files. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complex way that requires special computer skills.
How Afrodita ransomware gets on my computer?
- Spam attachments and hyperlinks
- Software vulnerabilities and exploits
- Malicious sites
- Backdoors (defects of the algorithm that are intentionally built into it by the developer and allow you to gain unauthorized access to data or remote control of the operating system and the computer as a whole)
In order to remove Afrodita Ransomware and decrypt your files, as usual, we have 2 options, manual and automatic.
How to remove Afrodita Ransomware?
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will prevent system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Afrodita Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Afrodita Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Afrodita Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Afrodita Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Afroditat-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.