Infected with Alco Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Alco Ransomware
Today we will talk in detail about the cryptovirus, which became popular in the first weeks of March 2019. Like many similar crypto viruses, it comes into your system and encrypts user files of various formats, such as videos, photos, archives, and more. Moreover, the cryptovirus removes shadow copies of files and system restore points to complicate the process of decrypting and restoring files. Also, the virus changes file extensions to .Alco4444. In plus, the virus creates a text note file HOW TO BACK YOUR FILES.txt that contains information about the redemption:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!
TO DECRYPT, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS:
To recover data you need decrypt tool.
To get the decrypt tool you should:
1.In the letter include your personal ID! Send me this ID in your first email to me!
2.We can give you free test for decrypt few files (NOT VALUE) and assign the price for decryption all files!
3.After we send you instruction how to pay for decrypt tool and after payment you will receive a decryption tool!
4.We can decrypt few files in quality the evidence that we have the decoder.
DO NOT TRY TO DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR FILES BY YOURSELF YOU WILL BRAKE YOUR DATA !!! ONLY WE ARE CAN HELP YOU! CONTACT US:
ATTENTION !!! THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL ID WICH YOU HAVE TO SEND IN FIRST LETTER:
The note scammers specify special email addresses at which the user needs to contact the attackers and, in consequence, pay a ransom in the amount of several dollars in bitcoins equivalent. Of course, we do not recommend you to pay, as this is very big money. Moreover, there is no guarantee that the attackers will actually return your files to you.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Alco Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, Alco Ransomware comes through unsafe user networks, due to the lack of adequate protection on your system. This can come as an attachment in a spam ezine or as a false update for a program or utility. Anyway, you need to use antiviruses and other special software that is able to prevent the penetration of such crypto viruses. Also, you can use our recommendations to remove Alco and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Alco Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Alco Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of Alco Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Alco Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Alco Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Alco Ransomware remove system restore files, this may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi