Infected with AndreaGalli Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is AndreaGalli Ransomware
AndreaGalli is a cryptographer-extortioner, coming to the user’s PC unnoticed. After penetration, it encrypts user files of various formats, such as audio files, video, office documents, PDF files, archives and much more. This encrypts files using the AES algorithm, so decryption by own forces becomes almost impossible. Moreover, it assigns .locked as extensions to infected files. Here are some examples of infected files:
nature.png becomes nature.png.locked;
documents.pdf become documents.pdf.locked;
song.mp3 becomes a song.mp3.locked and so on.
After encryption, AndreaGalli creates a text file
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How AndreaGalli infected your PC
First, let’s look at the main causes of infection with this cryptovirus. Perhaps the main problem is that users use free versions of antivirus and other security software, neglecting the security of their files. In some cases, users do not have antivirus software in their systems, although it is much easier to prevent penetration than to remove AndreaGalli when it has already infected your OS. That is why AndreaGalli penetrates through unprotected network settings, spam e-mail as an attachment in an email, or in the form of an imaginary program update, for example, an update for a flash player and the like. Use advanced versions of antivirus software, taking care of the security of your personal data. If AndreaGalli already encrypted the files, then use our guides to remove this cryptovirus and decrypt .locked files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the AndreaGalli virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to AndreaGalli – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of AndreaGalli:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by AndreaGalli?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of AndreaGalli remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi