What is AnyMovieSearch
AnyMovieSearch comes as a browser extension that allegedly improves your Internet browsing experience. In reality, it’s yet another browsers hijacker. This infection tends to impact your internet browser by setting your homepage and search engine to either https://portal.anymoviesearch.com/. It will prevent all your attempts to restore your browser settings like it was before. Except that, the fake altered search results have no benefit for users, they can also redirect you to websites containing more dangerous malicious infections. Meanwhile, every page of the browser will be filled up bothersome ads. Needless to say, that sponsored ads get revenue for developers. All this, surely, interferes with the computer user’s browsing experience. Furthermore, this intruder monitors all your browsing activities like IP addresses, web pages visited, browsing history, cookies, account credentials, and other information. Hence, don’t be surprised then if you find that your personal data will become publicly available. This guide will help you remove AnyMovieSearch browser hijacker and avoid all the consequences associated with it.
|Type of threat||Browser hijacker|
|Symptoms||Browser hijacker changes homepage and search engine of browser so that users are forced to use them. It fills the targeted browser with commercial content in form of pop-ups, banners, in-text links, audio/video ads, etc. Also, hijacker can occasionally cause redirects to third-party websites|
|Infiltration||Freeware programs, illegal software, software cracks, torrents, fake updates|
|Manual Removal||To eliminate threat manually, you should remove all files and applications related to the browser hijacker|
|Removal Tool||To completely get rid of hijacker, We recommend using SpyHunter. This is the only way you can be 100% sure that all components of the threat are removed from the system.|
How to remove AnyMovieSearch hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to uninstall AnyMovieSearch hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove AnyMovieSearch hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find AnyMovieSearch hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find AnyMovieSearch and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find AnyMovieSearch, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate AnyMovieSearch and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall AnyMovieSearch or AnyMovieSearch Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application AnyMovieSearch from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
After that uninstall AnyMovieSearch from your browser.
Step 2: Remove AnyMovieSearch from browsers
If you cannot remove the extension from Google Chrome, as the delete icon is greyed out and the extension is marked as “managed by your organization”, you should first perform steps described in the How to remove Managed by your organization from Chrome? article and only then proceed with the removal.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find AnyMovieSearch.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find AnyMovieSearch in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to AnyMovieSearch and select Remove.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find AnyMovieSearch or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose AnyMovieSearch.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable AnyMovieSearch.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Remove AnyMovieSearch from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find AnyMovieSearch Pop-ups.
- Turn of AnyMovieSearch from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J