Infected with Aperfectday2018 Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Aperfectday2018 Ransomware
In this article, we will talk in detail about Aperfectday2018 cryptovirus which became most active in November of this year. This is a cryptovirus that builds user data using AES algorithm and then requires a ransom, and it is worth noting that fraudsters may need a 1000 kronor comma, of course, in the form of bitcoins. A distinctive feature of this cryptovirus is that it does not change the file extension and is added to the console. After files are encrypted, they become unsuitable. For further, the virus creates a special file aboutYourfiles.txt, which contains detailed information about the methods of redemption and decryption of files. Strangely enough, the note is written in English, therefore it is aimed primarily at English-speaking users. However, according to the latest data, this virus has spread almost worldwide. Below we provide an image of this note and its contents:
Hi. Thank you for using my program. If you're reading this, a lot of your files have been encrypted. To decrypt them, you need my decryption program. For this, I want 25 000 sek, I want them in bitcoin. Email me when you've paid with details about the transaction. I'll give you two days.
If you have not paid in two days(from the day you received the email), It will cost 1000 sek more per day.
If I have not heard from you after five days (from the day you received the email), I assume your files are not that
important to you. So I'll delete your decryption-key, and you will never see your files again.
After the payment, email me the following information:
* the bitcoin address you sent from (important, write it down when you do the transaction)
* the ID at the bottom of this document (this is important!! Otherwise I don't know which key belongs
Then I will send you the decryption-program and provide you with instructions of how to remove
the virus if you have not already figured it out.
Make sure to get the bitcoin adress right, copy and paste and double check. If you send the bitcoin
to the wrong adress, it will be lost forever. You cant stop or regret a bitcoin transaction.
Do not loose this document. You also have a copy of it on your desktop.
Do NOT change any filenames!!! !!!
Thank you for the money, it means a lot to me.
Aperfectday2018 Ransomware’s scammers try to intimidate the user, indicating that if the user does not pay as early as possible, the decryption key will be deleted and the user will lose his data forever. Of course, this is not true, we do not recommend you pay anything intruders. Better to read our recommendations to remove Aperfectday2018 right now.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Aperfectday2018 infected your PC
Like other crypto viruses, Aperfectday2018 comes through unprotected network settings. In some cases, this takes the form of an attachment spam mailing, or comes as a supplement or update for any program after the installed on your computer. We strongly recommend you anti-virus and other programs that can protect your computer from such attacks.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Aperfectday2018 virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton – fully removes all instances of Aperfectday2018 – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Aperfectday2018:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Aperfectday2018?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Aperfectday2018 remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi