Infected with AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware
AutoWannaCryV2 is a cryptovirus that encrypts user files of various formats, for example, photos and video files, PDF files, archives and so on. The virus changes the extension of the victim files to the .wannacryv2. The executable file of the cryptovirus is 6AJUQUSYWHU9.EXE. After encryption, Success dialog box appears every time you try to open the file.
All your files encrypted! By wannacryV2
Spent time on encryption: 318 seconds
Scammers try to intimidate users by inserting a countdown timer into the dialog box. The main activity AutoWannaCryV2 occurred in the second half of July, it is also worth noting that the virus was originally aimed at English-speaking users, however, according to recent data, it infects computers around the world. It is worth noting that the attackers did not demand a ransom, in contrast to similar cases. Furthermore, the encryption tool creates wanna cry v2 decryptor.exe file that decrypts the user files using 123qwe decryption key.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware infected your PC
Like many other crypto-extortioners, AutoWannaCryV2 comes to the PC through unprotected network settings, also as an update for the software or as an attachment to spam mailing. The main reason is the lack of a decent anti-virus program or similar software. Buy good antivirus software to protect your PC. If you need to remove AutoWannaCryV2 and decrypt your files, then use our guides.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
wanna cry v2 decryptor.exe
How to decrypt files infected by AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of AutoWannaCryV2 ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi