Infected with Auuahk-Ouuohk Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Auuahk-Ouuohk Ransomware
Auuahk-Ouuohk ransomware is a new virus that may encrypt and turn into unreadable all the personal files of a victim. In order to have access to these files again, a victim have to pay a big sum of money as a ransom. If your computer is infected with Auuahk-Ouuohk ransomware, don’t try to pay cyber criminals, in most cases they ignore their victims. However, you may remove Auuahk-Ouuohk ransomware and decrypt .RECOVERYOURFILES files without paying anything.
The way this ransomware works is quite simple – first of all, Auuahk-Ouuohk breaks through your system, then starts encrypting procedure with AES encryption algorithm. Then the ransomware adds .RECOVERYOURFILES extension to the name of all the encrypted files. Once all the data is encrypted, the ransomware drops INSTRUCTIONS_RECOVER_FILES.txt on your desktop. You may find demands of cyber criminals in it, here is Auuahk-Ouuohk ransom note:
——————— IMPORTANT INFORMATION ————————
ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED WITH RSA-2048 and AES-128 CIPHERS.
DECRYPTING OF YOUR FILES IS ONLY POSSIBLE WITH OUR KEY.
This is your ID:
ydgRhdi1hfj *** [redacted 800 alpha chars]
SEND MAIL TO RECOVER :
How Auuahk-Ouuohk infected your PC
The most vulnerable place in the PC is an unprotected network, which is why crypto viruses, in particular, Auuahk-Ouuohk, penetrate the computer in this way. However, there are other options for penetration, for example, as an attachment to spam mailing or in the form of an imaginary update of a flash player, Java, and the like. You need to use special programs and utilities that can prevent infection of your computer. First, buy a proven and reliable antivirus. If your PC is already infected with Auuahk-Ouuohk and you need to decrypt your files, then use our guide and tips below.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Auuahk-Ouuohk virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Auuahk-Ouuohk – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
How to decrypt files infected by Auuahk-Ouuohk?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Auuahk-Ouuohk remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.