Infected with B2DR Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is B2DR Ransomware
If you found files with .email@example.com on your PC, your system can be infected by B2DR trojan(ransomware). B2DR Ransomware is crypto-virus which encrypts all data on PC without user’s consent. You should firstly deactivate your Internet connection and try to get rid of B2DR Ransomware as soon as possible. The virus encrypts all files, adding .firstname.lastname@example.org or .email@example.com extensions by AES-256 algorithm. This action makes impossible to open, view and edit encrypted files. Unfortunately, at present moment a universal tool, capable to restore .firstname.lastname@example.org files doesn’t exist. But there is an alternative way, helping to restore coded files by Recovering Software. Also, cyber scammers creates files with ransom demands with the following text:
Your files were encrypted with AES-256.
Ask how to restore your files by email email@example.com
Use only gmail.com, yahoo.com, protonmail.com.
Messages written from other mail services we can not get.
We always respond to messages. If there is no answer within 24 hours, then write us with another email service.
If within 24 hours you have not received a response, you need to follow the following instructions:
a) Download and install TOR browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
b) From the TOR browser, follow the link: torbox3uiot6wchz.onion
c) Register your e-mail (Sign Up)
d) Write us on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION: e-mail (email@example.com) accepts emails, only with e-mail registered in the TOR browser at torbox3uiot6wchz.onion
Any actions on your part over encrypted files can damage them. Be sure to make backups!
In the message write us this ID:
[redacted 0x11B bytes in base64 ]
The virus started to infect systems since the end of May 2018 but distributed mainly in English speaking countries. On the first release of the virus, cybercriminals demanded BTC 0.2-0.3 for potential decryption.
How B2DR Ransomware infected your PC
Typically, these encryptors come to the PC through unprotected DNS and other network settings. It’s best to prevent the penetration of such programs using special utilities. If your PC is already infected, then use our instructions. For example, use HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the B2DR Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to B2DR Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of B2DR Ransomware:
Related files and folders:
How to decrypt files infected by B2DR Ransomware?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt encrypted files. It is free and potentially may help you restore files encrypted by B2DR Ransomware virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of B2DR Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – B2DR Ransomware by B2DR Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .firstname.lastname@example.org files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas