Infected with Bizer Ransomware? Need to decrypt .bizer files?
What is Bizer Ransomware
Bizer Ransomware codifies users files by AES and starts to extort money for decryption from users. All infected files changes their extensions, adding new suffixes: id-xxxxxxxx.[email@example.com].bizer. Another feature of the virus is a creation of notes, where extortionists demand sum for decryption. The sum, that they want might be very large: more than BTC 0.3 (about $1000 or more). As we think, this virus is a successor of Dharma Ransomware and should be removed as soon as possible. Please read our article below if you want to remove Bizer Ransomware and decrypt .bizer files.
all your data had been encrypted due to security problems
write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Bizer infected your PC
Ransomware viruses usually use unprotected network settings for infiltration. Windows remote desktop app has security troubles, that may be used by hackers for infiltration. The best way to protect your system is AntiRansomware tools. We recommend to use Bitdefender Antiransomware. If you already have Bizer Ransomware on your PC/Laptop, and want to decrypt .bizer files – please read the text below.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Bizer virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton – fully removes all instances of Bizer – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Bizer:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Bizer?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Bizer remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Tim Kas