What is BizHack Ransomware
BizHack ransomware is a crypto-virus aimed mainly at business users, namely employees of large companies, corporations, and so on. After penetrating the computer, BizHack ransomware encrypts user data using the AES+RSA algorithm, as a result of which many files, including text documents, tables, databases, archives, and much more, become unsuitable for further use. At the moment, no genealogical connection with any ransomware family has been established.
In addition to encryption, BizHack ransomware changes the file extension using the following pattern: .~Company Name. Moreover, you will not be able to rename the files manually; moreover, the virus deletes shadow copies of files and system restore points in order to prevent users from recovering data on their own.
Unlike many similar threats, BizHack ransomware does not create a file containing cybercriminals’ demands.
For distribution BizHack ransomware uses the pidor.bmp.exe executable file. The vulnerability of user network settings is the main reason for the penetration of such crypto viruses, in particular, Teeny. This comes in the form of an attachment in a spam e-mail list or as a false update for programs installed on your system. Use paid versions of antivirus software to secure your computer. If you find that your files are encrypted Teeny, then use our guides to remove BizHack Ransomware and decrypt your files.
How to remove BizHack Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will BizHack Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the BizHack Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of BizHack Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by BizHack Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of BizHack Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.