Infected with BlackRouter Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is BlackRouter Ransomware
In this article, we will talk in detail about the threat that has become most effective recently, namely BlackRouter. This is a cryptovirus that penetrates a computer and most user files are encrypted using an AES algorithm. After encryption, this changes the extension of these files to .BlackRouter. It encrypts most of the files that are on the user’s computer, including audio files, video files, archives, photos, and more. Of course, after encryption, the files become unusable for further use. Like many analogues, it creates a special file that contains detailed information about the methods of redemption. In this particular case, the note is a pop-up. Below there is a picture of this note:
The ransom is a compound, or rather the first part the user must pay in the form of a cryptocurrency, the second to a different account. The total cost of the purchase is $ 300. Of course, we do not advise you to pay for it, as there are no guarantees that fraudsters will really return your files to you. The note also contains the email address at which the user can contact the attackers to clarify certain issues. Do not write. Attackers can in every way pull out of you money. The best way out is to try to remove BlackRouter Ransomware from your system and decrypt your files yourself.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How BlackRouter Ransomware infected your PC
As a rule, the crypto virus And, in particular BlackRouter Ransomware, come to the computer without the user’s consent. This is most often due to the fact that user networks are unprotected. Moreover, users very rarely use antivirus software or other software that can prevent such threats from entering. This can come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a program or utility. We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with our recommendations and try to remove BlackRouter Ransomware right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will BlackRouter Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the BlackRouter Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of BlackRouter Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of BlackRouter Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by BlackRouter Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of BlackRouter Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi