What is Boop Ransomware
Boop ransomware is a crypto-virus that belongs to the Stop (DjVu) family of threats. The developers of this ransomware seldom make any major changes to their “brainchild”. Boop ransomware encrypts user data almost immediately after penetration. Infection can be caused by unprotected network settings or a lack of suitable antivirus software. The virus uses multi-stage encryption, as a result of which files cannot be changed on their own without resorting to the use of specialized decryptors. Moreover, in some cases, the virus deletes shadow copies of files and system restore points, which greatly complicates data recovery.
The first messages about file encryption by this ransomware were revealed at the end of August this year. In just a few hours, the virus spread like a plague almost all over the world, although it was originally aimed at English-speaking users. In addition, Boop ransomware changes file extensions to end with .boop. In addition, the virus creates a special file called _readme.txt, which serves as a “message” from the attackers that contains their demands. This is what this text document looks like:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of Kookvering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Scammers offer users not to waste time and pay the ransom as soon as possible, more precisely, within three days from the moment of encryption. In this case, they promise a 50% discount, as a result of which the user will have to pay $ 490 instead of $ 980. Sounds tempting only at first glance. In reality, the user can be left with nothing, because no one can ever guarantee that the files will be really decrypted, even if the user fully complies with all the requirements of the fraudsters. We recommend that you use our guides to remove Boop ransomware and decrypt .boop files.
How to remove Boop Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Boop Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Boop Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files
Step 1: Restore your files using Stallar Data Recovery:
- Download and run Aiseesoft Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Boop Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Boop Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Boop Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.