Infected with ChaCha Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is ChaCha Ransomware
As well as similar threats, ChaCha is a cryptographer who comes to the computer and encrypts user data using a double RSA + ChaCha20 algorithm. Of course, by doing so, it disables files that have been encrypted. Also, ChaCha changes the extension of these files to .
0010 SYSTEM FAILURE 0010
Attention! Your documents, photos, databases, and other important files have been encrypted!
The only way to decrypt your files, is to buy the private key from us.
You can decrypt one of your files for free, as a proof that we have the method to decrypt the rest of your data.
In order to receive the private key contact us via email:
Remember to hurry up, as your email address may not be avaliable for very long.
Buying the key immediatly will guarantee that 100% of your files will be restored.
Below you will see a big base64 blob, you will need to email us and copy this blob to us.
you can click on it, and it will be copied into the clipboard.
If you have troubles copying it, just send us the file you are currently reading, as an attachment.
As you probably noticed, ChaCha is aimed at English-speaking users, because it is written in English, however, judging by the latest data, it has already spread throughout the world. Fraudsters require a ransom in bitcoins. Cryptocurrency allows attackers to evade persecution by law enforcement. We do not recommend you to pay, because there is no guarantee that the files will be really decrypted (although in the note the fraudsters convince otherwise). Below you can see the possible steps for deleting ChaCha and decrypting your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How ChaCha Ransomware infected your PC
Most often, viruses and threats of this type come to the PC due to the absence of a legitimate and capable anti-virus program, because the settings of user networks remain unprotected. Also, in some cases, ChaCha comes as an attachment in a spam mailing list or as a false update of the programs and utilities installed on your system. Be that as it may, we recommend that you review our instructions to delete ChaCha and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will ChaCha Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the ChaCha Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of ChaCha Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of ChaCha Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by ChaCha Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of ChaCha Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi