Infected with Codnat Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Codnat Ransomware
Codnat is a cryptovirus that penetrates the PC without the user’s knowledge, then encrypts user files of different formats (documents, office, audio, video, etc). This is an updated version of STOP (DJVU) ransomware. As well as similar threats, Codnat is aimed at English-speaking users, however, more and more users from different corners of the earth are attacked by this crypto-virus. Codnat creates a text file (note) _readme.txt containing detailed information about encryption and methods of redemption and decryption. Below we have placed the image of this note and its content:
Don’t worry my friend, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Support Telegram account:
Your personal ID:
So, in the note, the attackers indicate the amount of the ransom, namely $980, nine hundred and eighty!!!! This is huge money, especially considering that there are no guarantees that fraudsters really decrypt your files. Check out our recommendations to get rid of Codnat and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Codnat Ransomware infected your PC
As we have indicated earlier, Codnat comes without the user’s knowledge, usually through vulnerabilities in the settings of the user network. Also, it can come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a program or utility located on your computer. You need to use legitimate paid anti-virus software or utilities that are truly capable of PREVENT penetration of Codnat and similar crypto viruses. Below you can find our instructions and recommendations to delete Codnat and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Codnat Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Codnat Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Codnat Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Codnat Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Codnat Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Codnat Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi