Infected with CryTekk Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is CryTekk Ransomware
In this article, we’ll talk in detail about CryTekk, that became most active in the last week, namely in the second half of January of this year. Like many similar viruses, it encrypts user data, in particular, documents into the office, videos, archives, photos, audio and more. Moreover, after penetration, this changes the extension of these files to .locked. It is also worth noting that the files become unsuitable for further use. It is not the job to work on the scheme; this created a special file README.html, which is a note containing detailed information about the purchase. Below you can see how it looks and what it contains.
YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED!
Files have been encrypted! and Your computer has been limited!
To unlock your PC you must pay with one of the payment methods provided, we regularly check your activity of your screen and to see if you have paid. Paypal automatically sends us a notification once you've paid. But if it dosesn't unlock your PC upon payment contact us
Reference Number: CT-*******
When you pay via BTC, send us an email following your REF Number if your PC dosen' unencrypt. Once you pay, Your PC will be decrypted.
However if you don't within 14 days we will continue to infect your PC and extract all your data and use it
Google 'how to buy/pay with bitcoin' if you don't know how. To pay by
bitcoin: send $40 to your unique bitcoin address b>
The note indicates an amount of $ 40, which the user must pay in cryptocurrency equivalent. Malefactors choose cryptocurrency in order to hide their actions from law enforcement agencies. Also, it is worth noting that there is no guarantee that scammers really decrypt your files. That is why we recommend you to pay. See our instructions and guidelines below to remove CryTekk right now and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How CryTekk Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, CryTekk comes only because users do not buy paid versions of antivirus software. Free antiviruses are not able to prevent the penetration of such threats. And this one penetrates the computer through unsafe network settings. This can take the form of a false update for the program and utility, or an attachment to the spam mailing list. Be that as it may, you need to carefully monitor the security of your system. If CryTekk has already penetrated your computer, then use our recommendations to get rid of it right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will CryTekk Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the CryTekk Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of CryTekk Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of CryTekk Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by CryTekk Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of CryTekk Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi