What is DawDropper?
DawDropper is a Remote Access Trojan with which an attacker can gain remote access to your Android device. RAT is one of the most dangerous malware that allows an attacker to gain not just access to your device, but also full control over it.
- Location determination.
- Recording from a microphone.
- Viewing contacts
- Viewing and sending SMS.
- Call history.
- View installed applications.
- View notifications in real time.
- History of connections to Wi-Fi networks.
- Access to files on the phone.
What should I do to avoid getting infected with the DawDropper virus?
Please note that your phone and personal data are safe until you download the app from the SMS link and install it. Even if you missed this moment, know that DawDropper does not have full control over the device, unless the user himself gives access to the “Accessibility service” function. Keep this in mind when giving permissions to unfamiliar applications to enable this option.
With the growing number of mobile device users, the number of viruses has also increased. If earlier Trojans that change settings and infect other files (for example, Skulls for Symbian) were the most dangerous, then modern hacker developments are able to make the gadget stop turning on, deleting the information necessary for the OS. To avoid similar situations in the future:
- Prohibit installations from third-party sources in the settings. You will still be able to download games, movies, music, books, programs from the Play Market store, files in which are manually and automatically checked;
- Download the antivirus. Do not abuse this point – just one such application is enough, simultaneous use of several will cause the device to slow down;
- Check the permissions of the existing software, remove the checkboxes from the “Change system settings” item for services that do not belong to reliable publishers, such as Google.
Recommended Anti-malware tool:
Reset to Factory Settings
It will not be so easy to remove the application from the device. Definitely, it is necessary to reset the device to factory settings. Keep in mind that this will lead to the loss of personal data. Before performing the procedure, perform a backup.
- Start up your device in Recovery Mode using previous instruction
- Select the “Factory Reset” option, a notification will appear that it is impossible to reverse the changes;
- After completing the process, restart the phone by clicking on “Reboot“.