Infected with DBGer ransomware? Need to decrypt .dbger files?
What is DBGer ransomware
DBGer ransomware is a new encryption virus. These types of viruses must be removed as soon as possible, because they brings a lot of loses of data both on work or at home PCs. It encrypts all files on victims machines. It uses special sophisticated algorithms, because of what the user cannot open the encrypted files or restore it without special knowledge, decryption or tool or recovery software. Also, it changes file extensions by adding .dbger, for example, if you have a Photo1.png file, then its name becomes Photo2.png.dbger. All text documents, images , photos, images, and other files is at risk. Some users confirmed, that files with next extensions were encrypted:
.shw, .cat, .csv, .db, .doc, .gif, .htm, .ico, .inf, .ini, .jpg, .png, .ppt, .sam, .txt, .url, .xls, .xml, .wav, .wb2, .wk4, .wpd, .wpg
After encryption, cyber scammers create special files with the subscription of their demands and procedure of payment for decryption. Don’t trust them! Most victims usually trick by cybercriminals.
Notes with ransom demands called _How_to_decrypt_files.txt have the following contains:
Some files have been encrypted
Please send ( 1 ) bitcoins to my wallet address
If you paid, send the machine code to my email
I will give you the key
If there is no payment within three days,
we will no longer support decryption
If you exceed the payment time, your data will be open to the public download
We support decrypting the test file.
Send three small than 3 MB files to the email address
BTC Wallet : 3EbN7FP8f8x9FPQQoJKXvyoHJqSkKmAHPY
Your HardwareID: *****
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt .dbger files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How DBGer ransomware infected your PC
DBGer virus-extortioner comes to the computer without the user’s consent as an email attachment or when spam mailing. Also, it can come bundled with other malicious software through unprotected network settings. You need to use special utilities and programs that can help to protect your PC. If DBGer has already come to your PC, then you can use our detailed recommendations to remove it right now and decrypt .dbger files. HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the DBGer ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to DBGer ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of DBGer ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by DBGer ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of DBGer ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .dbger files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas