Infected with DDE Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is DDE Ransomware
DDE is one of the encryptors, extorting money from users. The virus encrypts most important user files, such as office documents, audio and video files, PDF and so on, and then adds .encrypted extension to them. After changing the extension, the files become useless, moreover, self-restoration becomes almost impossible, because the virus removes shadow copies of files and recovery points of the system. DDE changes the background of the desktop to an image that shows the terms of the foreclosure. Here’s how this image looks:
YOU ARE HACKED
ALL YOUR PERSONAL FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED!
IF YOU WANT RESTORE YOUR DATA YOU HAVE TO PAY!
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUT! YOU CAN RESTORE YOUR DATA WITHOUT
OUR DECRYPTOR! :)))))
Also, whenever you try to open an encrypted file, the following dialog box entitled HACKER pops up:
text in the pop-up window:
Your important files are encrypted.
If you need them, You can find my KEY to decrypt.
From the note it follows that the attackers demand to contact them and pay for cryptocurrency crypto currency to get the key for decryption. As a sarcastic joke scammers offer the user to find the key himself. Do not pay at all! All this is a trap, you need to get rid of DDE right now. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with several options to solve this problem.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How DDE infected your PC
Attackers change the names of cryptographic viruses, encryption algorithms and much more, but the penetration scheme remains unchanged. As a rule, DDE makes its way through unprotected network connection settings due to the lack of a reliable antivirus in the user system. Also, it can come as an attachment to spam mailing or in the form of fake software updates. Responsible approach to the security of your personal data, use proven anti-virus software. If DDE already infected your PC, then use our guide to remove this crypto virus and decrypt the ddd files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the DDE virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to DDE – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of DDE:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by DDE?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of DDE remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi