DMR64 is a data-kidnapping virus, that makes users’ files unavailable by putting strong encryption on them. Thus, infected data can not be opened or accessed until it is decrypted. Cybercriminals are blackmailing their victims making them pay ransom for the file decryption because personal files are usually of great value to any user. In most cases, cybercriminals achieve success and get paid, but we should warn you, that nobody can guarantee the decryption of your data after the payment. Use this guide to remove DMR64 Ransomware and decrypt .aDMR64 files.
As we already mentioned, once DMR64 gets on the victim’s computer, it immediately starts encryption procedure, using complicated algorithms. That’s the part where cybercriminals offer their deal – money for decryption of the data. Whether to agree or not is up to the victim, but let us warn you – if you are the victim of DMR64 ransomware, you should know – there is no guarantee that cybercriminals will do their part of the deal, there are a lot of reports of scammed users. DMR64 ransomware renames all affected files according to the following template: [id=XXXXXXXX].[name of the file].DMR64 extension. Then it displays ransom note (!!! READ THIS !!!.hta) to dictate the terms of decryption:
All your files have been encrypted!
Your documents, photos, databases and other important files have been encrypted with strongest encryption. you can return all your files if you want to restore files, write us to the e-mail: Agent.DMR@protonmail.com
Write this ID in the subject e-mail:FEABA***
Only in case you do not receive a response from the first email address withit 48 hours, please use this alternative email adress: Agent.DMR@aol.com
It is in your interest to respond as soon as possible to ensure the restoration of your files, because we wont keep your decryption keys at our server more than one week. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
You can buy bitcoin from here:
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Using another tools could corrupt your files, in case of using third party software we don’t give guarantees that full recovery is possible so use it on your own risk.
Examples of infected files:
Per the content of the note, the victim needs to contact scammers for information on the amount of the ransom. Scammers encourage the victim to pay the ransom as soon as possible, offering a discount for the timely payment. Of course, we do not recommend you pay, as there is no guarantee that you will really back your files, even if you fully pay the ransom. We recommend that you remove DMR64 ransomware using our recommendations below.
How to remove DMR64 Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will DMR64 Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the DMR64 Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Try SpyHunter for Mac
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of DMR64 Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by DMR64 Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of DMR64 Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.