What is FBI screenlocker ransomware?
FBI screenlocker is a ransomware-type virus that blocks the operation of the computer and requires you to make a cash payment in favor of the author. In case of infection with this virus, you will see a banner, immediately after loading the operating system, displaying a fake message allegedly from the FBI. The lock screen offers to pay $150 in Bitcoins to obtain the unlock key, but in fact, everything turns out to be wrong. If the virus has already entered the computer, then you can only remove it with specialized programs. Even after entering the correct code and starting the system, the result will be unpredictable. The next time you restart, the screen might appear again and you will need a new key. That’s why we do not recommend you pay them, given that the unlock key is already known. Instead, you may follow our step-by-step guidelines in order to remove FBI screenlocker and unlock your screen without paying a ransom.
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN LOCKED
After scanning your files ind ip address, we detected the following violations:
1.Sending spam messages containing terrorist motives
2.Propagation of fascism
3.Downloading child pornography
You will have pay a fine of $150 in BitCoin in return for unlocking the computer
Send $150 to this bitcoin address: 12t9YDPgwueZ9NyMgw519p7AA8isjr6SMw
Once you have paid, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us your ID.
We will give you unlock key to unlock your computer.
Your ID: –
In the end, it’s up to you to believe it or not, but let us warn you – no one can ensure that they would do their part of the deal. On the contrary, there is a high risk of being deceived and simply left with nothing. The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove FBI screenlocker from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus. There are two solutions to remove FBI screenlocker. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complicated way that requires special computer skills.
How FBI screenlocker ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use various techniques to deliver the virus to the target computer. Ransomware viruses can infiltrate victims’ computers more than in one or two ways, in most cases, cryptoviral extortion attack is carried out with the help of the following methods:
- This is the most used distribution method. Cybercriminals use fraudulent emails to pose as official organization or business company (receipts, winning notification, confirmation of order; bank messages, and so on) to lure unsuspecting users into clicking on a malicious attachment – just one click to make your files inaccessible. To mislead the user and make it look like an official email, cybercriminals adds an extra symbol to the email address, for example, instead of email@example.com, you may see service[.]@paypal.com or service[_]@paypal.com. That’s why you should always pay attention to received emails and identify the sender to make sure that this is from a trusted source. Also, the presence of grammatical and typographical errors in the text of the message indicates that this is a fake. If nothing’s wrong, scan the attachment with antivirus software first, and then you can open it. Compliance with all these rules will help you save a lot of nerve, time, and money.
- Hackers use the special toolkit to exploit known vulnerabilities in systems or applications. That’s why you should always make Windows updates on time and keep them up to date. Remember that these updates close the security holes of the system through which the virus can enter your computer. Make sure that your operating system itPay is not outdated and is officially supported, for example, Windows XP, Vista, 7 are no longer supported.
- Various dubious web-sources can contain malicious scripts or hyperlinks that can infect your system. Our advice – avoid visiting P2P sites and websites with illegal content (pirated software, movies, music). Use only legitimate services and remember – there’s no free lunch in this world.
- Cybercriminals often abuse the built-in Windows feature – Remote Desktop Protocol to infect the computer with ransomware. That way, they access the target computer remotely and install virus manually. To avoid infection via RDP, you should set a different from 3389 TCP port and use a more strong password.
|Type of threat||Ransomware, cryptovirus, screenlocker, file-locking virus|
|Ransom note||Pop-up window|
|Amount of Ransom||$150 in Bitcoins|
|Distribution||Spam email attachments, RDP, pirated software, torrent websites, phishing sites|
In order to completely remove ransomware from your computer, you will need to install an antivirus software. We recommend using SpyHunter
The only effectvie method to restore files is to copy them from a saved backup. If you don’t have a suitable backup, you may use third-party recover software such as Stellar Data Recovery
How to remove FBI screenlocker?
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
How to prevent your system from ransomware viruses?
No one is safe from infection with a virus that secretly encrypts your data. But in order to minimize this risk, you need to follow the rules:
1. Always make Windows updates on time and keep them up to date. Remember that these updates close the security holes of the system through which the virus can enter your computer.
2. The most efficient way to avoid data loss is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer. It is enough just to synchronize the necessary folders with one of the cloud services, so as not to be afraid to see the text requiring the payment of bitcoins in exchange for a decryption key. It can be a cloud or a remote hard drive on the network. If you store all your files on the Internet, the likelihood of virus infection will be lower. Do not make copies to external hard drives, as this could damage them.
3. Since spam email is the most popular form of spreading ransomware-type viruses, the user should never open email attachments without first having scanned them with antivirus. Just clicking on the link or opening the attachment can damage the operating system (Windows) in a few minutes, damage important data and infect other machines with the virus.
4. All previous methods do not matter if you do not have a reliable antivirus. The presence of anti-virus protection on your computer can prevent all these unpleasant surprises. Anti-virus software will protect you from malware, money loss, time loss, invasion of your personal life. Now the antivirus market is so huge that it is difficult to make a choice in favor of one of them. If you have not decided who to give preference to, we suggest you familiarize with our Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows