What is FDFK22 Ransomware
FDFK22 ransomware is one of the crypto viruses that encrypt user data using the АЕS-256+RSА-2048 algorithm. Moreover. FDFK22 ransomware penetrates the computer without the user’s consent and almost immediately subject the data to changes. Moreover, as a rule, it affects photos, videos, archives, text documents, tables, databases, and much more. These file types were not chosen by chance. They are the most important for most users. Once encrypted, the files become unusable.
At the end of the summer, the first reports from users were revealed that their systems had been attacked FDFK22 ransomware. Moreover, the geography of these messages is very extensive, although the virus is aimed at users who speak English. Genealogically, FDFK22 ransomware belongs to the Matrix family, which is quite common in recent times. Among other things, FDFK22 ransomware changes the file extension to .fdfk22. In addition, the virus creates FDFK22_INFO.rtf text document that contains ransom information. This is what it contains:
ALL YOUR VALUABLE DATA WAS ENCRYPTED!
All yоur filеs wеrе еnсrуptеd with strоng crуptо аlgоrithm АЕS-256 + RSА-2048.
Plеаsе bе surе thаt yоur filеs аrе nоt brоkеn аnd уоu cаn rеstоrе thеm tоdаy.
If yоu rеаllу wаnt tо rеstоrе yоur filеs plеаsе writе us tо thе е-mаils:
In subjеct linе writе уоur ID: –
Impоrtаnt! Plеаsе sеnd yоur mеssаgе tо аll оf оur 3 е-mаil аddrеssеs. This is rеаllу impоrtаnt bеcаusе оf dеlivеrу prоblеms оf sоmе mаil sеrviсеs!
Important! If you haven’t received a response from us within 24 hours, please try to use a different email service (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc).
Important! Please check your SPAM folder each time you wait for our response! If you find our email in the SPAM folder please move it to your Inbox.
Important! We are always in touch and ready to help you as soon as possible!
Аttаch up tо 3 smаll еncrуptеd filеs fоr frее tеst dесryption. Plеаsе nоte thаt thе filеs yоu sеnd us shоuld nоt cоntаin аnу vаluаblе infоrmаtiоn. Wе will sеnd yоu tеst dеcrуptеd files in оur rеspоnsе fоr yоur cоnfidеnсе.
Of course you will receive all the necessary instructions hоw tо dеcrуpt yоur filеs!
Plеаsе nоte that we are professionals and just doing our job!
Please dо nоt wаstе thе timе аnd dо nоt trу to dесеive us – it will rеsult оnly priсе incrеаsе!
Wе аrе alwауs оpеnеd fоr diаlоg аnd rеаdy tо hеlp уоu.
The fraudsters indicated contacts for contacting them, for further payment of the ransom. The amount of this ransom is not specified, however, it can reach several hundred US dollars. Scammers also offer to decrypt 3 files absolutely free of charge in order to “prove” their honesty, but their words should not be trusted. Even if you pay the ransom in full, there is no guarantee that you will receive the data back. That is why we do not recommend that you pay. Use our guides to learn how to remove FDFK22 ransomware and decrypt .fdfk22 files.
How to remove FDFK22 Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will FDFK22 Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the FDFK22 Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Aiseesoft Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of FDFK22 Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by FDFK22 Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of FDFK22 Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.