What is Find.mintsearch.net
Find.mintsearch.net is a fake search engine that can appear in your browser and resist to be deleted. If you are experiencing such a situation that your system is infected with browser hijacker called Mint Search 1.0. Mint Search 1.0 targets Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other popular web-browsers. Although it’s not a virus, and in fact, it can’t seriously damage your machine, it can still cause much trouble. Browser hijacker not only displays irrelevant search results but also fills each page you visit with countless and intrusive pop-up ads. Having such an amount of ads significantly reduces browsing performance. You can remove Find.mintsearch.net browser hijacker by following our manual guide or you can let the antimalware software do it for you. If you are interested in the latter method, we recommend using automatic methods.
How to remove Find.mintsearch.net hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove Find.mintsearch.net hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove Find.mintsearch.net hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Find.mintsearch.net hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Find.mintsearch.net and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Find.mintsearch.net, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Find.mintsearch.net and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall Find.mintsearch.net or Find.mintsearch.net Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application Find.mintsearch.net from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Mac OSX
Step 2: Remove Find.mintsearch.net entries from Windows Registry
- Press Windows+R and type: regedit
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\
- Click the “arrow” next to Google and delete Extensions folder
After that remove Find.mintsearch.net from your browser.
Step 3: Remove Find.mintsearch.net from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Find.mintsearch.net.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find Find.mintsearch.net in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to Find.mintsearch.net and select Remove.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Find.mintsearch.net or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Safari.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Find.mintsearch.net.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Find.mintsearch.net.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 4: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Safari.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Google Chrome.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Remove Find.mintsearch.net from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Find.mintsearch.net Pop-ups.
- Turn of Find.mintsearch.net from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J