Infected with French101 Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is French101 Ransomware
It has long been known that cryptoviruses have become the most unpleasant and dangerous threat, which is constantly evolving. Moreover, fraudsters do not sit still and periodically make changes to their cryptovirus. So, for example, French101 is an updated version of the Scarab cryptovirus, which constantly changes the shell of viruses, but they do the same thing. French101 comes to the computer and encrypts user files. For example, it can encrypt photos and videos or multimedia files, in short, it encrypts files that are very important to the user. Also, it is worth noting that French101 changes the extension of these files to .french101. Of course, these files become unsuitable for further use. Also, the virus creates a special text file HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT that contains possible ways to decrypt files. Here is what it looks like.
Your files are now encrypted!
Your personal identifier:
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Contact us using this email address: email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain
valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click
‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price
(they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Despite the name, the cryptovirus targets users who speak English. Although, in fact, cryptovirus has become a headache for users around the world. Fraudsters demand to pay a ransom in the cryptocurrency, the amount of which can reach several hundred dollars. Cryptocurrency operations are very difficult to track, which is why attackers choose this type of payment. In any case, we recommend that you do not pay, as we are not sure that you will get your files back. Below are recommendations and guides to remove French101 from your computer and decrypt files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How French101 Ransomware infected your PC
Most often, such viruses, in particular French101, come to the PC as an attachment from spamming or as some kind of software or utility update. However, the main reason for such troubles is the lack of antiviruses and other programs aimed at fixing viruses or preventing them from penetrating a computer. Moreover, sometimes it is not enough to install a free antivirus, since its functionality is very limited. Also, just below we have placed information that can help you delete French101 and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will French101 Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the French101 Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of French101 Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of French101 Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by French101 Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of French101 Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi