What is FTCode Ransomware
FTCode ransomware is one of the representatives of numerous cryptoviruses that have spread all over the world and are terrorizing ordinary users and large companies and corporations. This is an encryptor that encrypts files located on the user’s computer. As a rule, FTCode ransomware touches exactly the category of files that is most significant for the user. For example, it encrypts photos, videos, audio, archives and more. In addition, cryptovirus changes the extension of encrypted files to .ftcode. So, for example, the document.doc file becomes document.doc.ftcode and so on. Hence the logical question: how to remove FTCode ransomware. Below we have indicated a text file READ_ME_NOW.htm that acts like a scam note:
All your files was encrypted!
Yes, You can Decrypt Files Encrypted!!! our price 500 USD
Your personal ID: b55718ca-d726-475c-8bba-52fdb5f18***
1. Download Tor browser – https://www.torproject.org/download/
2. Install Tor browser
3. Open Tor Browser
4. Open link in TOR browser: http://qvo5sd7p5yazwbrgioky7rdu4vslxrcaeruhjr7ztn3t2pihp56ewlqd.onion/?guid=b55718ca-d726-475c-8bba-52fdb5f18***
5. Follow the instructions on this page
Do not rename files
Do not try to back your data using third-party software, it may cause permanent data loss(If you do not believe us, and still try to – make copies of all files so that we can help you if third-party software harms them)
As evidence, we can for free back one file
Decoders of other users is not suitable to back your files – encryption key is created on your computer when the program is launched – it is unique.
Here is the site of the cybercriminals on which the ransom payment for decryption is made:
According to the contents of this note, the user needs to perform several operations through the Tor browser, and then pay 500 US dollars for decrypting the data. Of course, if you take into account all the many such cryptoviruses, $ 500 is not very much, however, you do not need to pay. The explanation is simple – there is no guarantee that you will receive your files in their original condition. Do not take chances. Use our recommendations and instructions to delete FTCode ransomware and decrypt .ftcode files.
How to remove FTCode Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will FTCode Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the FTCode Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of FTCode Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by FTCode Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of FTCode Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.