Infected with GrujaRSorium Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is GrujaRSorium Ransomware
Today we will talk in detail about the GrujaRSorium Ransomware cryptographer who encrypts user data using the AES or RSA algorithm. It comes to the computer and encrypts data and files of various formats, after which they become unusable to use encrypted files are added to the .aes, .aesed and .GrujaRS extensions. This virus has become the most active in recent weeks. Fraudsters inform the user about encryption in two ways. In the first case, the note is an image that replaces the desktop wallpaper. Below we provide the image and content of this note:
all your files have been encrypted, if you want to restore it, send 1 encrypted file to it email:
ATTENTION!! You have 1 week to contact us, after 1 week, decrypting has been inposible
* - realy not restore!
In some cases, attackers use the dialog box as a note.
All files have been encrypted using unique 32 chars , and AES-256 + RSA-4096 (encryption has not never)! Your files DESTROYED! GrujaRS ******
The note contains a special email address through which users can contact attackers. The exact amount of the ransom is not indicated, according to users who have been attacked by this virus, the cost of the ransom can reach several hundred dollars. Be that as it may, we do not recommend that you pay this ransom since no one guarantees you that your files will really be where encrypted recovery is. We strongly recommend that you use our recommendations to remove it right now.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How GrujaRSorium infected your PC
The main causes of viruses are that users do not use paid versions of antivirus software. As a rule, free versions of antiviruses cannot adequately protect your computer. That is why viruses of this kind come to the computer through unprotected network settings, as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as an update for a particular software. If you have already been attacked by GrujaRSorium Ransomware, then you can use our recommendations to try to decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the GrujaRSorium virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton – fully removes all instances of GrujaRSorium – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of GrujaRSorium:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by GrujaRSorium?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of GrujaRSorium remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi