Infected with Insta Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Insta Ransomware
Insta Ransomware is another virus-encryptor that recodes user files with different encryption algorithms and changes file extensions to .Insta. After infection, the user cannot open and use the attacked files. Developers create and display a text file Filesinfo.txt with the following content:
Your data set are encrypted.
All files with .insta extension are encrypted.
We can help decrypted files.
You will get decrypt soft + personal key(for your personal id) + manual.
For you to be sure, that we can decrypt your files
You can send us 1-2 encrypted files and we will send back it in a decrypt format FREE.
For download files use only dropmefiles.com not more then 10 Mb
Send us an email:
after wait decrypted files and further instructions.
You can send a message within 72 hours after encrypting, else full decrypt will be heavily.
Please use public email for contact: gmail etc.
For recover your files – contact us email:
Your personal ID: –
Insta Ransomware’s developers offer “help” decryption of .Insta files, but for this, they require paying several hundred dollars, and after that, they promise to send the unlock code specifically for your computer. In addition, the user must make a payment in the cryptocurrency in order to minimize the possibility of catching intruders. Of course, this is untrue. Do not pay them! Nobody guarantees you the safety of your files. If you want to return your files and protect your computer, then use special programs and utilities designed specifically for this.
How Insta Ransomware infected your PC
Insta Ransomware comes complete with spam mailings as its attachments or in the form of updates of some programs and so on. Also it can be hidden in the free software installers and downloaders. The main reason for Insta Ransomware penetration is unprotected network settings and lack of protection programs. The only piece of advice that we can give – use a special utilities, really capable of protecting your PC. HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Insta Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Insta Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Insta Ransomware:
Related emails and folders:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
How to decrypt files infected by Insta Ransomware?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt Spora files. It is free and may help you restore files encrypted by Insta Ransomware virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of Insta Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – Insta Ransomware by Insta Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .lock, .1btc or .mich files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi