Infected with JobCrypter? Need to decrypt your files?
What is JobCrypter
JobCrypter is a threat that belongs to the groups of ransomware. This virus targets French-speaking part of the world. JobCrypter is designed to affect files on the infected system and encrypt them demanding payment for the restoration. JobCrypter originates in France, however it has already spread around the world. JobCrypter works in the similar way with other ransomware: it detects the files with most popular extensions and encrypts them adding .locked or .css extension, after which the malware creates a text file. This note contains the information on the encryption and payment details – user will be provided with the instructions on how much and where to pay. For files retrieval the cyber criminals demand about 300 Euro and offer to decrypt one file for providing guarantees. Nevertheless, the best option in this situation is to remove JobCrypter, because paying the money may only stimulate cyber criminals’ activity.
How JobCrypter infected your PC
JobCrypter is distributed via the methods that are commonly used for spreading this type of malware. More often it travels the Internet with the help of P2P networks. So, it would be wise to check the files appeared on your system from this kind of source with anti-virus/anti-malware program. Another method of spreading the threat is putting it into spam messages. These may look like official or business letters however composed a bit weird. Way to protect your computer from such threats is to use antiviruses with crypto-protection like HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the JobCrypter virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to JobCrypter – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of JobCrypter:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
Comment debloquer mes fichiers.txt
How to decrypt files infected by JobCrypter (.locked files)?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt .locked files. It is free and may help you restore .locked files by JobCrypter virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt .locked files.
Decrypt .locked files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of JobCrypter remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – JobCrypter by JobCrypter). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .locked files using shadow copies
- Download and run Shadow Explorer.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from.
- Right-click on folder you want to restore and select Export.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Information provided by: Alexey Abalmasov