Infected with JSWorm Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is JSWorm Ransomware
Today we will talk about JSWorm cryptovirus that encrypts user files of various formats, such as Office documents, photos, multimedia videos and more using AES algorithm. After penetration, this changes the file extension to .JSWORM. What makes these files unsuitable For further use, like many analogues, it creates a special note JSWORM-DECRYPT.html which contains detailed information on the purchase. Below we show how it looks like.
Attention! All your files are encrypted!
To restore your files and access them,
please send an SMS with the text XXXX to YYYY number.
You have N attempts to enter the code.
When that number has been exceeded,
all the data irreversibly is destroyed.
Be careful when you enter the code!
In the note, fraudsters point out that no one except them can decrypt the files. Therefore, the user must pay the ransom in bitcoins. Cryptocurrencies selected in order to avoid harassment by the security service. Of course, you shouldn’t believe intruders. Check out our recommendations to try to remove JSWorm and decrypt files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How JSWorm Ransomware infected your PC
Most often JSWorm comes to the computer because the user has insufficiently protected network settings. The reason is that users rarely use paid versions of antivirus software, although this alone can secure your system. Moreover, closely follow the contents of mailing lists, as this may come as an attachment to the letter.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will JSWorm Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the JSWorm Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of JSWorm Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of JSWorm Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by JSWorm Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of JSWorm Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi