Infected with Kali Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Kali Ransomware
Lately, the cryptovirus has become the most active, namely in late December. This is a cryptovirus that encrypts user data, such as multimedia files, archives, documents, etc. Like similar viruses, it uses an AES algorithm, as a result of which files become unsuitable for further use. It is also worth noting that this changes the file extension to .kali. It is also worth noting that the virus removes system restore points to minimize the possibility of decrypting files. Below we give the note HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt that fraudsters create:
ATTENTION ! ! !
The important files on your computer have been encrypted with military grade AES-256 bit encryption.
The only way to get access to your files - enter the decryption key.
We garantee that you can recover all your files safely and easily.
All you need to do is submit the payment and purchase the private key.
1. Send $500 worth of Bitcoin to following adress:
If you don't know about Bitcoin you can buy it from here:
www.coinbase.com or www.localbitcoins.com or try google.com
2. After payment send your ID and contact email to:
YOUR ID: JBIGF-DZWWJ-CZTFL
and we will send INSTRUCTIONS and KEY for recovery.
IMPORTANT: YOU HAVE ONLY 48 HOURS FOR PAYMENT
PLEASE DON'T EVEN TRY TO RECOVER FILES BY YOURSELF
IN CASE IF YOU WILL TRY TO DO SOMETHING WITHOUT KEY
ACCESS TO YOUR FILES WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST!
DON'T EVEN TOUCH ANYTHING! OR
ACCESS TO YOUR FILES WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST!
Judging by the note, the virus targets users who speak English. However, judging by the latest data, the virus has already spread around the world. Scammers assure user files are safe. However, to recover files, the user must pay a ransom of $ 500. Moreover, this ransom should be in the form of cryptocurrency. This is not accidental, because this is how scammers try to hide their activity traces since such transactions are almost impossible to track. Try to remove Kali Ransomware on your own using our recommendations. Decrypt your files yourself.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Kali Ransomware infected your PC
Every day, attackers create different crypto viruses, which differ in algorithms, size, extension and other, however, if we consider the problem of penetration of crypto viruses on computers, then it can be noted that this is almost identical for different extortionists. Kali Ransomware comes through unsafe user network settings, taking the form of an attachment in a spam ezine or update to any program. You need to use antiviruses and other software that can prevent the entry of crypto viruses, in particular, Kali Ransomware. Below we provide guides in case Kali Ransomware has already penetrated your computer and you need to remove it and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Kali Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Kali Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Kali Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Kali Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Kali Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Kali Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi