Infected with KingOuroboros ransomware? Need to decrypt .king_ouroboros files?
What is KingOuroboros ransomware
KingOuroboros ransomware is a new crypto-trojan, which encrypts all files on victims machines without permission. Trojans use special algorithms – AES, because of what the user cannot open the encrypted files without special knowledge, decryption or tool or recovery software. Also, it locks screen by Delta screen and insert file extensions .king_ouroboros to every encrypted file, for example, if you have a Photo.png file, then its name becomes Photo.png.king_ouroboros. All text documents, images , photos, images, and other files is at risk. Some users confirmed, that files with next extensions were encrypted:
.shw, .cat, .csv, .db, .doc, .gif, .htm, .ico, .inf, .ini, .jpg, .png, .ppt, .sam, .txt, .url, .xls, .xml, .wav, .wb2, .wk4, .wpd, .wpg
After encryption, criminals create special files with the debscription of their demands and procedure of payment for decryption. We recommend don’t trust them! It’s better to remove KingOuroboros ransomware and decrypt .king_ouroboros files.
The text file with ransom demands called README!!! ALL YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN SECURELY ENCRYPTED!!!.txt have the following text:
All your files have been encrypted!
The encryption key has been sent online and is not public.
You have 10 days time to contact us or you will lose your data.
The only way you can recover your files is to buy a decryption key.
The payment method is: Bitcoins. The price is: $80 = 0.012 52899 Bitcoins
For instruction on recovery send an email to: email@example.com
We will reply within 48 hours.
DO NOT USE ANY ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER YOUR FILES!
Include this ID in the email you send to us: *********
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt .king_ouroboros files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How KingOuroboros ransomware infected your PC
KingOuroboros virus-extortioner comes to the computer without the user’s consent as an email attachment or when spam mailing. Also, it can come bundled with other malicious software through unprotected network settings. You need to use special utilities and programs that can help to protect your PC. If KingOuroboros has already come to your PC, then you can use our detailed recommendations to remove it right now and decrypt .king_ouroboros files. HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the KingOuroboros ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to KingOuroboros ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Restore .king_ouroboros files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of KingOuroboros ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by KingOuroboros ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of KingOuroboros ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas