Infected with Kraken Cryptor ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Kraken Cryptor ransomware
Kraken Cryptor is another ransomware, encrypting most of the user files that are in the system. For example, it encrypts office documents, audio and video files, archives, PDF files and so on. The virus uses the algorithm of encryption and changes the extensions of infected files using a rather original scheme: the virus adds the .onion extension and changes their names to “
0000000-Lock.onion, 0000001-Lock.onion, 0000002-Lock.onion, etc.
After encryption, the virus creates a DDD note file containing information about the buyback:
- ALL YOUR FILES HAS BEEN ENCRYPTED BY “KRAKEN CRYPTOR”!
- READ THIS GUIDE BELOW TO RECOVERY YOUR FILES!
E-Mail : email@example.com
Alternative : BM-2cWdhn4f5UyMvruDBGs5bK77NsCFALMJkR@bitmessage.ch
-----BEGIN KRAKEN ENCRYPTED UNIQUE KEY-----
-----END KRAKEN ENCRYPTED UNIQUE KEY-----
> What happened to my computer?
All of your files such as documents, images, videos and other files with the different names and extensions are encrypted by “KRAKEN CRYPTOR”!
The speed, power and complexity of this encryption have been high and if you are now viewing this guide.
It means that “KRAKEN CRYPTOR” immediately removed form your system!
No way to recovery your files without “KRAKEN DECRYPTOR” software and your computer “UNIQUE KEY”!
You need to buy it from us because only we can help you!
> What the mean is encryption?
In cryptography, encryption is the process of encoding a message or information in such a way that only authorized parties can access it.
And those who are not authorized cannot.
> How can recover my files?
We guarantee that you can recover all your files soon safely.
You can decrypt one of your encrypted smaller file for free in the first contact with us.
For the decryption service, we also need your “KRAKEN ENCRYPTED UNIQUE KEY” you can see this in the top!
Are you want to decrypt all of your encrypted files? if yes! You need to pay for decryption service to us!
After your payment made, all of your encrypted files has been decrypted.
> How much is need to pay?
You need to pay (0.25 BTC), payment only can made as Bitcoins.
This links help you to understand whats is a Bitcoins and how it work:
> How to obtain Bitcoins?
The easiest way to buy Bitcoins is LocalBitcoins website.
You must register on this site and click “BUY Bitcoins” then choose your country to find sellers and their prices.
Other places to buy Bitcoins in exchange for other currencies:
* DON'T MODIFY OR RENAME ENCRYPTED FILES!
* DON'T MODIFY “KRAKEN ENCRYPTED UNIQUE KEY”!
* DON'T USE THIRD-PARTY OR PUBLIC TOOLS/SOFTWARE TO DECRYPT YOUR FILES, THIS CAUSE DAMAGE YOUR FILES PERMANENTLY!
* DON'T ASK PEOPLE OR DATA RECOVERY CENTERS, THEY CANNOT DIRECT DECRYPT YOUR FILES AND CONTACT WITH US, THEY ARE MAY ADD EXTRA CHARGE!
- Project “KRAKEN CRYPTOR” doesn't damage any of your files, this action is reversible if you follow the instructions above.
- Also, our policy is obvious: “NO PAYMENT! NO DECRYPT!”, if you do not have the ability to pay, we review your terms.
In the note, the attackers indicated the amount of the ransom at the rate of 0.25 bitcoins, which is equivalent to about 300 dollars. Scammers insist that any attempts to return files themselves will lead to a complete loss of data. In part, this is so, more precisely the virus removes the system restore points, so that system recovery or rollback on any date become impossible. Everything sounds disconsolate, but everything is not so bad. The main task of scammers is to intimidate the user and force him to pay ransom for nothing. We do not recommend that you pay, it is better if you remove this right now, using our recommendations.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Kraken Cryptor ransomware infected your PC
In some cases, Kraken Cryptor comes in the form of a program or utility, an alleged update, or as a hidden element of a free software installation package. Also, there are cases when the cryptovirus penetrated as an attachment to the spamming. The lion’s share of such penetrations happens due to the lack of an up-to-date and reliable antivirus program in the system. Try to use paid versions of antiviruses and similar programs to prevent the penetration of Kraken Cryptor and similar cryptoviruses. If Kraken Cryptor already penetrated your PC, then read our recommendations below to remove it and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Kraken Cryptor ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Kraken Cryptor ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Kraken Cryptor ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Kraken Cryptor ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Kraken Cryptor ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi