What is Lost_Files Ransomware
Lost_Files ransomware is another cryptovirus that extorts money from a user for decrypting files. Lost_Files ransomware, in fact, does not encrypt user data, but only pretends and changes the initial values of the files (binary code). Lost_Files ransomware changes the extension of the victim files to .Lost_Files_Encrypt. This cryptovirus became active in early October 2019. Despite the fact that initially it was aimed at English-speaking users, Lost_Files ransomware spread throughout the world. Also, the cryptovirus creates a special note file that contains information about encryption and ransom methods:
Attention!!! First of all we are terribly sorry to have encrypted your data. Because we are human too and we feel some guilt encrypting your data. We offer that we can help you decrypt it again for a small amount of Bitcoins(BTC).
The amount that we need from you is 500 USD that you will transfer to our BTC account. To Get your unique tool to decrypt your files, your need to push the button below and your BTC payment address will show, transfer 500 USD in BTC to that address. After you have transfered the BTC you are going to send an email to our email address(Our email will also get displayed when pushed the button). Where you provide your BTC address of the wallet that you used to send our BTC(If you have other comments, you are welcome to say it)[Also remerber to check your spam inbox for when we send your decryption
tool]. We will check it, if you have sent the BTC, you will get your decryption tool. Everything from family memories to the hard work of yours, will be washed down the toilet and it will never return. So it’s strongly advised that you start paying us for helping you to decrypt it. In the case that you are a little older and don’t know much about all the computer stuff then you can ask your children or grandchildren.
PLEASE Look below for additional information.
Needing help to get your BTC?
Some resources to get started with BTC:
Keep in mind!
When you buy BTC you should buy slightly more than 500 USD, just in case the price drops. Also you need it as sending fees which varies at times. So it’s recommended to buy 510 USD worth of BTC from one of the exchanges. Then again we are sorry for what happened to you, hope you will have better luck next time! 🙂
In the note, the scammers indicated special addresses with which users can contact them to further pay the ransom in the amount of $ 500. This amount must be paid in bitcoins. The cryptocurrency was not chosen by chance, because this is how fraudsters can hide their actions, because cryptocurrency transactions are almost impossible to track. We do not recommend you pay, because your files are not encrypted, and therefore there is no point in this. Use our recommendations to remove Lost_Files ransomware and decrypt .Lost_Files_Encrypt files.
How to remove Lost_Files Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Lost_Files Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Lost_Files Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Lost_Filesvery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Lost_Files Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Lost_Files Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Lost_Files Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we Lost_Filesmmend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.